Skip to content

From Windos to Linux

Hello everyone!

I have already tried to contact the support staff of beamdog, but I havent recieved any answer from them yet... I thought maybe someone here might be able to help me.

I have the following problem:
I have downloaded the games Baldurs Gate I enhanced, Baldurs Gate II enhanced, and Icewind Dale enhanced for windows. BG I works on steam and for the other two games I have an .exe file for windows.

Now I would like to install BG II and Icewind Dale (for which I have a .exe file) under Linux Mint 17.2 (Rafaela). Trying to install the games with the .exe file does not work. Since I have paid money for both games, I do not want to purchase them again.

Now my question is: How can I install both games under linux mint 17.2??? Is it possible to recieve any new file which helps me to install them under linux? Or is there any other way to play my games without buying them again or pay any money again??

Help would be greatly appreciated!:)

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Kondriano,
    Kondriano said:

I have the following problem:
    I have downloaded the games Baldurs Gate I enhanced, Baldurs Gate II enhanced, and Icewind Dale enhanced for windows. BG I works on steam and for the other two games I have an .exe file for windows.

To clarify, you purchased Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition from Steam, and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition from Beamdog (not Steam or GOG)?

If you purchased the latter two from Beamdog, then contacting Beamdog is the best way to get the issue sorted out (I'll tag @Dee anyway). If you purchased all three games through Steam, then there shouldn't be an issue.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Beamdog.com doesn't currently offer a Linux option, but if you've already contacted our support team they should be able to hook you up with a Steam key.
  • KondrianoKondriano Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2015
    Hello and thanks for the answers!

I brought BGII EE and IWD EE over Beamdog (not GOG or Steam), thats correct! And BGI EE over steam.

So I hope they will give me a steam key for those games. The problem is that I dont get a reply from them... well, waiting seems to be the only option for now I guess...

Any experiences how long it usually takes until they reply??

In any case, thank you for the answers!
  • KondrianoKondriano Member Posts: 3
    Just sent a new request to beamdog support. This time not under the category „Linux“, but under „Windows“. I got a reply promtly with new steam product key. Very uncomplicated. However… there is no reply to my „Linux“ request…
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2015
    With your steam key it will let you play on mac/windows and linux on steam.