Skip to content

Ideas for a Talos Priest, please!

Hi there!

It's time to make a new character, and this time I thought of playing a cleric (something I haven't done before!). From the available kits I would prefer Talos , since Lathander is too "nice" and Helm is too Lawful. I would appreciate your advices on certain aspects , though:

1-I made him chaotic neutral. The game doesn't allow it , but it is actually official that Talassans are either NE, CE or CN , it is lawful evil that should be illegal.

QUESTION: In BG2, will it interfere in my stronghold quest? Should change my aligment before accepting the unseeing eye's quest?

2- From a roleplaying point of view, he was a student of candlekeep who, as in a lovecraftian book, discovered ancient texts about Kozah , and realised that Chaos was a natural force , and faith in it wasn't necessarily evil, even though the faithless might become victims from time to time.

QUESTION: For both BG1 and BG2 , which NPC's do you recommend, I mean, npc's that would actually become his friends? He is wise and adventurous, but I know that characters such as dynaheir and Khalid would be likely to despise him.

3- What about romances? I know that Viconia is a good option , but would you suggest someone else?

Thanks !
SkatanMiragelolien

Comments

• recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692

If he is Chaotic Neutral, rather than Chaotic Evil, it seems as though his main preference is for liberation, chaos, and ultimate independence. Perhaps your PC did not like being cloistered in Candlekeep, and shut away from the world, and saw in Talos the kind of power that could bring down the walls around him that limited him?

BG1 - Montaron, Xzar, Shar-Teel, Skie, Faldorn, Branwen, Coran, Tiax, Quayle, Imoen, Xan, Neera

All of these PCs seem like they would tolerate or enjoy the might of a Priest of Talos.
    Xan probably would find it baleful and contrary to his own preferences, but would b too miserable to offer a contradiction.
    Imoen would be supportive, or perhaps try to mollify the PC.
    Skie might join you because you seem impressive, however Eldoth would probably see very little charm in Talos' aggressive attitude.
    Xzar, Shar-Teel, Faldorn, Branwen, Quayle and Tiax all seem like they would be whole-heartedly supportive of somebody who has an outspoken confidence in their own might and ability to triumph.
    Viconia would likely not wish to spend time with somebody who calls attention to themselves with storms and fanfare, given that she is in the worship of a Goddess whom she hopes will hide her from the notice of Lolth.

BG2 - Haer'Dalis, Korgan, Neera, Jan Jansen, Minsc, Imoen, Yoshimo, Nalia
    JuliusBorisovDJKajuru
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Thanks a lot, guys!

I'm still thinking about his development, since playing a chaotic neutral cleric is something I've never done, but your suggestions have surely helped!

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    DJKajuru said:

Thanks a lot, guys!

I'm still thinking about his development, since playing a chaotic neutral cleric is something I've never done, but your suggestions have surely helped!

Chaos and turmoil are your masters... If you get any option to cause strife or trouble, do so... Whether that means advising a companion to take vengeance, or delivering a certain artefact to the worst possible person...

"Some people just want to watch the world burn."
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited October 2015
    Thanks again!
    Well, so far I've thought of having Imoen, Coran, Shar-Teel, Neera and Branwen in the party. And for BG2 I thought of having Haer D'Alis, Imoen and Neera so far.

Here's his sheet, hope you enjoy it :
    JuliusBorisovrecklessheart