Skip to content

Is Anomen broken?

I won't go into details, but Anomen somehow has gotten the idea he's romancing my bardess, Janis. He isn't, she has the hots for Hexxat, but that's not relevant either.

What matters is that we did the bit where I persuade him not to kill Saerk, and he agrees to let matters lie. Now, when he (i.e. the program) thinks he's in a romance, there's another sub-routine where he gets a message that Saerk actually DID kill his sister. Hijinks ensue.

Unfortunately, on this run he went into his "I see someone coming and they look familiar" routine after one of those inter-destination combats, where you get ambushed on the way from location A to location B. The messenger never showed up, presumably because we were in a temporary room rather than in a "real" location.

4-5 times since then, when we were in actual areas in Athkatla, he has started the "someone approaches" line but they never do show up. I am concerned that his quest is broken and will screw us up at the end of the final SoA chapter. Has this happened to anyone else?

This is a more or less "good" party run, (I'm planning one digression), Viconia won't play well with Keldorn, and the only other cleric available would be Aerie ... whom I absolutely refuse to deal with. Hence my concern.
lolien

Comments

• Hmm, I haven't run into this problem, but I don't think it will cause any hitches at the end of SoA. If you want to try to address it, I'd suggest CLUA'ing the messenger and seeing if that will get things moving again. Otherwise you'll have to muck about with variables to correct his memory.
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    What is a CLUA? And no messenger ever arrives; it's like "Waiting for Godot".
    [Deleted User]Spjuv3rn
  • The CLUA Console is the debug command console for BG. You have to edit your ini file to enable it, but once you do you can use it to spawn creatures or check/manipulate variables (among other things). See the first post in this thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/8317/general-bgee-customization/p1
    JuliusBorisov
    I'm reluctant to play around with game files, but also, as I mentioned, no messenger ever arrives. In fact, even when the sub-plot is resolved successfully (which happened with another character of mine, different run), there is no visible physical messenger. Anomen just goes into his routine where he says that Saerk really was guilty, and he runs off to Saerk's mansion to extract revenge. You have to follow him and dissuade him from killing everyone in sight.

What is troubling is that on this run Anomen (or rather, his program) keeps trying to go into this segment over and over and over. He's up to level 13 (his Saerk sub-plot is usually resolved by level 10), and it's happened about 6 times now, so far.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    @FrdNwsm
    Don't worry about screwing up your game... All you need to do with the CLUA console is change a 0 to a 1... It's a built in device. Very handy when issues like this pop up as you can then enter a simple code in-game to kick-start a particular event.
    JuliusBorisov
  • IsabellaGrangerIsabellaGranger Member Posts: 52
    Yeah, I suggest you to follow his advice. When these kind of things happen, it's rather easy to fix them; it only takes a simple code to write and it doesn't break your game at all, so, don't worry. It happened to me quite a few times, having Anomen repeat that same phrase with no one actually coming, but ''creating the creature'' is far easier than other stuff. Just go ahead with it, don't be scared :)
    JuliusBorisov
    edited October 2015
    Fine. Now you are just being silly. My post was of the screen capture of an actual occurrence; I have no idea how to edit the screen that way. Two courtesans from the docks area showed up in the Planar Sphere, for no good reason. And no, it wasn't in response to Anomen babbling about someone approaching.

And why are your courtesans all hostile? They didn't get paid?
    MiragelolienCrevsDaak
  • Spjuv3rnSpjuv3rn Member Posts: 61
    edited October 2015
    Oh, I do not question the authenticity of your runaway courtesans. I'm simply issuing a warning that grimmer times could be ahead. The prophesy of the Beggar Curse spoke clearly.

As for their alleged hostility, I might have forgot to mention that their payment was in the den of a dragon, things like this happen you know.
    lolienHudzyCrevsDaak