Skip to content

New Baldur's Gate Hybrid Classes! *Long And Short Videos*

WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
New Hybrid Classes!

[Spoiler]Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 2nd Edition New Hybrid Classes.

Battle Sorcerer: (Fighter / Sorcerer)
-Hexblade
-Knight of the Weave
-Swiftblade

Spellsword: (Fighter / Mage)
-Abjurant Champion
-Arcane Archer
-Duskblade
-Raumathari Battle Mage
-Runesmith

Beguiler: (Mage / Thief)
-Spellthief
-Arcane Duelist
-Arcane Trickster[/Spoiler]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Baldur's Gate Talk-02 High Definition Video:
[Spoiler]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxLeN9bZ4X6xa1MtZXBBclQ5SWc/view?usp=sharing

^Non-Preferred Interim Medium. Of Which I Hastily Wish To Improved Upon In The Near Future.

Post Production Note: Also I Recorded This Video On The 16th Of October Of 2015.[/Spoiler]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please Give Constructive Feedback And Building, Improving And Or Progressive Expanding Concepts.
[Spoiler]Baldur's Gate Talk 02 Link: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/44345/baldurs-gate-talk-02-video-broadcast[/Spoiler]
Post edited by WithinAmnesia on
FinneousPJGemHoundJuliusBorisovCalmar

Comments

• WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    "liek tihs cumet fi u wtachd teh hol thng :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:"
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @WithinAmnesia , I like to listen to your ruminations, and I think you have a pleasing "radio voice", but I rarely have time to watch and listen to 90 plus minutes of YouTube video per episode, especially "videos" that are actually mostly audio.

Please consider breaking down your vlog into smaller, more digestible parts, say, 10-15 minutes max per episode.

If you did that, I'd probably check out what you have to say as you post it, or at least eventually get caught up by listening to one reasonably sized episode at a time.
    MirageJuliusBorisov

@WithinAmnesia , I like to listen to your ruminations, and I think you have a pleasing "radio voice", but I rarely have time to watch and listen to 90 plus minutes of YouTube video per episode, especially "videos" that are actually mostly audio.

Please consider breaking down your vlog into smaller, more digestible parts, say, 10-15 minutes max per episode.

If you did that, I'd probably check out what you have to say as you post it, or at least eventually get caught up by listening to one reasonably sized episode at a time.

That is a great Idea! I will make a 15 minute Youtube length video right away. I will be right back in around 3 hours..
    MirageBelgarathMTHJuliusBorisov
    [Spoiler]

[/Spoiler]
    I Have Created A New Abbreviated Video (7 minutes). *Currently YouTube Uploading*.
    MirageBelgarathMTHJuliusBorisovCalmar
    [Spoiler]

[/Spoiler]
    THERE WE GO! We got an EXACTLY 7:00 Minute Video Done! I Had To Re-upload The Shorter Video To Get It To Retain Its Original Native High Definition Video Quality! (Windows Movie Maker...)
    BelgarathMTHJuliusBorisov
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    So where are these classes available?
    WithinAmnesia
    edited October 2015
    @WithinAmnesia , okay, I watched the prestige class video, subscribed, and gave you a like on YouTube so you could get credit there. Do you want discussion to happen there or here?

Those were all great ideas, and I've seen a lot of them done in the Neverwinter Nights games and in the Elder Scrolls games, but I'm not sure how they could be implemented in the Baldur's Gate games, not to say that a clever modder couldn't do it. (They probably can.)

Were you planning to try making some mods yourself? I didn't quite understand if you wanted to see your prestige classes implemented, or if you were maybe just brainstorming cool ideas for new hybrid classes.

BG does have the fighter-mage, fighter-thief, and fighter-mage-thief to represent a lot of your ideas. I think you could just emphasize certain spells to make them have the flavors you want for different kinds of spellswords.

I think a lot of people would enjoy being able to play a fighter-sorcerer or thief-sorcerer in BG. That should be theoretically possible in the game engine. Can any of our forum modding experts comment on this?

You have a nice D&D art collection.
    WithinAmnesiaGemHound
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    I watched the whole thing, and I have to say that the Arcane Archer would use Conjuration and Transmutation, Enchantment effects a persons mind, Conjuration can be used to create matter, and Transmutation can change matter.
    WithinAmnesia
    edited October 2015
    @FinneousPJ @BelgarathMTH @GemHound
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I Sped Up The Video By 1.23 Times In Order For It To Be Shrink From A ~18 Minute (Non-YouTube Length Video) Into A = Or < 15 Minute (YouTube Length) Video.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BelgarathMTH
    @WithinAmnesia , thanks for answering our comments in such detail. I've never gotten an audio response to a comment I've made before now.

I don't mind listening for a few extra minutes next time. I'd rather hear your voice in its normal timbre and cadence for 18 minutes than the sped-up version for 15 minutes, but thanks for the effort to be more concise. :)
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    @WinthinAmnesia I did not expect a video response to the comments. But regardless, beyond what I stated I do think this is a good idea. I like many of these classes and the only ones I think I've never seens before are the Raumathari Battlemage and the Runesmith.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Can you do a text summary please? It's so much faster to read 500 words than to listen.

Can you do a text summary please? It's so much faster to read 500 words than to listen.

When It Counts.