Skip to content

Wasteland 2 Directors Cut

proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
I've been playing the new Wasteland 2 DC that came out on Tuesday. I played a bit of the original WL2 but it ran really poorly on my laptop, and looked terrible to boot, so didn't gt too far with it. The new version seems to be a lot better in terms of graphics and optimization. It runs flawlessly on my laptop even at the mid-range settings (it still bogs down a bit at higher settings, but my PC is fairly low end).
I haven't gotten too far along with it, but am having a blast with it so far. And judo to InXile for making the DC free for anyone who owns the vanilla game!
I'm also looking forward to playing the EE of Divinity:Original Sin that comes out on the 27th. I had similar issues with that game, too. Poor performance and not good graphics. I'm hoping the EE has similar performance improvements...and reasonable loading times (it would take me 15 minutes just to get the vanilla game loaded up and ready to play).
Anyone else playing WL2DC?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Yes, I am currently playing it. I never finished the original.

I never had any performance issues with either game, but I am also looking forward to D:OS EE. A SSD really helps with loading times :D
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    ive gotten a little further than I did on vanilla WL2. I'm at the Ag Center now, so not very far along, and combat has been noticeably rebalanced. I was getting wiped out over and over on the original, but I feel like I have a fighting chance now. The Ag center is where I originally quit just because I had so many performance issues. Those are all gone now! Thanks, InXile!!! Love this game.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Glad to hear. Wasteland 2 has been on my radar to pick up, but I just haven't gotten around to it. I'll have to look this up. Thanks for the tip.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Once more an enhanced version of a game I own is released and I don't even notice it in my library until I see a thread about it in this forum... :)
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Post your squad. I have

Liquid Snake: assault rifles, snake squeezins quirk
    Revolver Ocelot: small guns, psychopath quirk
    Vulcan Raven: blunt & heavy weapons
    Cyborg Ninja: bladed weapons

I can post pics later
    I'm just playing the default team of premade characters. I meant to just use them for the first area or two to get a feel for the game before making my own characters, but just kept going.
    It's a good team although I don't really like shotguns in this game...
    I like the shotguns, but they do take some practice using so as to not blow holes in all my other party members. I made that mistake a few times early on :neutral:
    edited October 2015
    I had two members in my team using shotgun the first time I played... IF I could place them in the right spots you could almost hear someone shouting YOU SHALL NOT PASS! :wink: The problem was making them get to the right places alive :)
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    Man, this game is awesome! I haven't gotten too far yet, only at the Ag Center. It's a nice blend of being grim, gory, and hilariously zany. The Wasteland is a strange place...