Skip to content

Favorite BG2 (EE) NPC mods

MeyahiMeyahi Member Posts: 143
I've played at least 12 saga playthroughs right now and I'd like a change of pace with a few community made NPCs.
I won't replay BG1 this time (it gets really tedious).

I've played with Arath because I wanted a druid that is not cernd. He is nice (well written) but I didn't feel his presence that much even though I was romancing him.
Solaufein, I really liked. Too bad you can only obtain him in the underdark lest it would break his character. He reminds of Dak'kon somehow and I like that.

I'm open to any type (character/alignment) and any class, I'll mix and match later. Just tell which one you liked and why. I don't really care if they are Over/underpowered characters since I know the game quite well and can balance them with either a stronger PC/party or a weaker one.

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    I can't vouch for any of these personally (though I'm planning on taking Isra along for my next playthrough), but as far as I know, there's a mostly-positive consensus towards Kelsey, Keto, Tyris Flare, Finch and Vynd.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Isra gets my vote as absolutely fantastic, well-voiced and with great music, although admittedly I haven't been able to get it installed on my new computer, so I haven't used her in a while.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    The only one I use is Coran by @kulyok. He starts with specialization in greatswords instead of longswords like in BG1EE so I always Keeper him back to that.

Coran has a ton of interjections, banter, and player-initiated dialogs. Other than the comparatively small number of options to be a jerk toward Coran, you'd think he was already an NPC in BG2. I cannot recommend him enough.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Tashia the sorcerer was one of my favorite custom NPC's. She was funny and had the best dialogues!

I also really liked Solaufein, but he is too much of a Drizzt copy IMO.