Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Game not launching. BG EE

rgrovergrove Member Posts: 2
edited October 2015 in Troubleshooting
While trying the launch the BG;EE I receive an error: There was an error. A crash report was saved to:

I have an Asus ROG G73J laptop with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870.
I have run through the recommendations from https://beamdog.zendesk.com/entries/31177538-Windows-My-Game-Won-t-Launch-Or-Is-Crashing-On-Launch
along with changing compatibility mode, checking that true color was set to 32 and several other suggestions I noticed from other posts.

.Any suggestions?

Thank you

Edited as file attachment for dump report didn't complete as .dmp not allowed.

Post edited by rgrove on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,668
    Could you try locating the documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition folder and renaming it so a new one is created by the game.

If that doesn't work, some assumptions/questions.
    - The crash happens when the launcher Play action is used. Are any game screens shown before the crash.
    - Does it crash if you navigate to the installation 00766 folder and run Baldur.exe from there.
    - This is a clean, unmodded install and a reboot after installation did not help.
    - Has the game run on this machine before.
    - Was a new version of baldur.ini created after you removed the original one.

Could you confirm what graphics driver you are using and which version of Windows including 32/64 bit plus any service pack updates please.
    Are you able to attach a zipped copy of the dmp file.

Thanks

JuliusBorisov
  • rgrovergrove Member Posts: 2
    Well, I tried suggestions and nothing worked.

Then I ran a display driver uninstaller and reinstalled my ati drivers and I am finally up and running! Thanks your help Gate70

JuliusBorisov