Skip to content

Game not launching. BG EE

rgrovergrove Member Posts: 2
edited October 2015 in Troubleshooting
While trying the launch the BG;EE I receive an error: There was an error. A crash report was saved to:

I have an Asus ROG G73J laptop with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870.
I have run through the recommendations from https://beamdog.zendesk.com/entries/31177538-Windows-My-Game-Won-t-Launch-Or-Is-Crashing-On-Launch
along with changing compatibility mode, checking that true color was set to 32 and several other suggestions I noticed from other posts.

.Any suggestions?

Thank you

Edited as file attachment for dump report didn't complete as .dmp not allowed.
Post edited by rgrove on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Could you try locating the documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition folder and renaming it so a new one is created by the game.

If that doesn't work, some assumptions/questions.
    - The crash happens when the launcher Play action is used. Are any game screens shown before the crash.
    - Does it crash if you navigate to the installation 00766 folder and run Baldur.exe from there.
    - This is a clean, unmodded install and a reboot after installation did not help.
    - Has the game run on this machine before.
    - Was a new version of baldur.ini created after you removed the original one.

Could you confirm what graphics driver you are using and which version of Windows including 32/64 bit plus any service pack updates please.
    Are you able to attach a zipped copy of the dmp file.

Thanks
    JuliusBorisov
  • rgrovergrove Member Posts: 2
    Well, I tried suggestions and nothing worked.

Then I ran a display driver uninstaller and reinstalled my ati drivers and I am finally up and running! Thanks your help Gate70
    JuliusBorisov