Skip to content

BG2EE: 'Return to Harper Hold' quest: Jaheira is not in the 2nd floor of Harper Hold

GrimmGrimm Member Posts: 7
Howdy y'all. A buddy of mine and I are playing BG2EE together and have done all the Jaheira quests up through "Return to Harper Hold". However, Jaheira isn't on the 2nd floor where she's supposedly supposed to be. Here's the order of events:

*We got the letter after resting outside and the quest log has directed us to the Harper Hold in the Docks district.
*We did a LOT of other stuff in the meantime (several days worth of stuff, including the Planar Sphere quest).
*We went to the Harper Hold and there were mercenaries on the first floor, which was expected.
*We went up to the 2nd floor, and nobody's there.

The party's reputation is currently 11, and we are NOT romancing her. The only mod we're using is the all-strongholds mod (nothing else has been toggled on).

If there's a CLUAConsole command for Jaheira in that location, I wasn't able to find it.

Any help would be great - thanks so much.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi @Grimm it's easiest to diagnose with a save file to see what has happened, are you able to zip and attach a save please.
  • GrimmGrimm Member Posts: 7
    Sorry for the delay - had to get the file from my buddy who hosts the game. Here's our save file.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited November 2015
    Try this @Grimm

Jaheira was near the fountain at Umar and acting as if she'd been booted out of the party. I dropped Valygar after bumping the Elminster variable to an inactive value as below, moved her to the Harper HQ and picked Valygar up again before dropping the variable back to 2.
    C:SetGlobal("TerminselSpawn","GLOBAL",7)

There might be a multiplayer quirk with the script where she leaves, still looking into the cause. If you have a save from before she leaves that would be helpful.
    edited November 2015
    Interesting find - thanks so much, we'll try it out!

I'll see if my buddy has a save file from before she left.
    Here's another save file from my buddy; I believe this is right before we were going out to rest so that she would leave the party.

I'm not sure if we rested in Umar Hills or somewhere else (my other thought would have been the de Arnise Keep because we were checking it weekly). But I do recall that immediately after she left the party we picked up Valygar to do the planar sphere quests.

Anyways, hope this helps!