Skip to content

Ulvaryl does not retaliate when attacked by the party

Ulvaryl is a vampire in Irenicus' dungeon who engages in conversation with some Shadow thieves then starts a conflict with them
Observed: Ulvaryl's circle goes red after the dialogue but she does not engage n conflict, even if attacked by the party
Expected: Ulvaryl should attack the thieves, and the party if it attacks her

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Actually , Ulvaryl is supposed to kill the thieves and vanish in gaseous form, even if you attack her.
    TressetOlvynChuru
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    I think in the old BG2 days (before BGIIEE) she attacked a party that attacked her - it makes sense that she would...
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Dharius said:

I think in the old BG2 days (before BGIIEE) she attacked a party that attacked her - it makes sense that she would...

That isn't true... I have played vBG2 up to that point plenty of times. She has never attacked me. Did you perchance have some mod or other?
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    I have had her briefly attack the party in the original BG2, after she defeated the shadow thieves and before she disappeared in gaseous form. AFAIR, Jaheira got level drained and then Ulvaryl just up and vanished, leaving me with no XP for the trouble! Hrrrmpfff! :angry:
    Tresset
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    In either version she leaves once the assassins are dead or she is on the verge of being defeated. Using something like the potion of firebreath as soon as she reaches near-death is a good way of getting her XP.

In the original game it looks as though she tries to attack for about 1 second before leaving while the EE version does not, I'm not sure that constitutes a bug.
    Tresset
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I'm sure that I've had Ulvaryl switch to targetting my party in BG2ee, if I attacked her before she finished defeating the Thieves. But it didn't seem like a bug to me, I assumed it was intended behaviour.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    It might be a timing issue, i.e. how far into a round and what actions she has already taken.
    Montresor_SP