Skip to content

#18089 Hardiness from Wish spell should not stack with the Hardiness HLA

ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
edited December 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
I did not want to make a too long title but this is true for Shadowform (Shadowdancer HLA) as well since it is normally mutually exclusive with Hardiness HLA as well. It works as well with the Dwarven Defender Defensive stance.

Observed:
Character with Hardiness/Shadowform HLA get 80/90% resistance to physical damage when the Wish option "all party members get the temporary ability Hardiness" is chosen.
Dwarven defender with defensive stance reaches 90(+innate)% physical damage resistance in the same situation
Expected:
Character with Hardiness/Shadowform HLA should keep 40/50% resistance to physical damage even if this option is chosen.
Idem for Dwarven defender

Not that it is a game-breaking issue because you have to especially be looking for it, but still an unintended behaviour.

Edit: I'm playing on an unmodded Android version but IIRC this bug was already part of the old vanilla game, which is why I am positive it is not related to my installation.
Post edited by AlexT on

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I'm not convinced that this is a bug.

The Wish option isn't called "some (but not all) party members get the temporary ability Hardiness". Since Wish says that it's going to add temporary Hardiness to everyone, then that's what it should deliver, regardless that some of the party normally can't have Hardiness or have already got another instance of Hardiness (from the HLA) in effect ... in fact, I think that's rather the point of it.

This can make some members nearly-invulnerable (or entirely invulnerable with, say, the DoE) for a little while ... but hey, Wish is meant to be a very powerful spell.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    I've got a counter-argument for that.
    There is another option similar to this one: Improved haste on all party members. This will not quadruple APR and movespeed and reduce speed factor by 4 on an already IH-ed character, and that makes more sense IMO.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Arunsun said:

I've got a counter-argument for that.
    There is another option similar to this one: Improved haste on all party members. This will not quadruple APR and movespeed and reduce speed factor by 4 on an already IH-ed character, and that makes more sense IMO.

Good point ... but I'm not sure whether the game engine would actually be capable of delivering double-IH (because of hard-coded limits on APR etc.), in which case that'd be a matter of technical unfeasibility rather than the principle of what Wish is meant to do.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Regarding Shadowform:
    Hardiness HLA and Shadowform HLA are not mutually exclusive, they do stack, and nothing in their descriptions says it should be otherwise, so there is no given reason for the Wish version to not stack with Shadowform.
    kjeron said:

Regarding Shadowform:
    Hardiness HLA and Shadowform HLA are not mutually exclusive, they do stack, and nothing in their descriptions says it should be otherwise, so there is no given reason for the Wish version to not stack with Shadowform.

Mmh I tested it last year and I am pretty sure it would not stack. Anyway, I must be mistaken, mea culpa.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    it could be a bug exclusive to your platform, if im not mistaken hardiness doesn't stack with wish on my games and I play them on a pc
    sarevok57 said:

it could be a bug exclusive to your platform, if im not mistaken hardiness doesn't stack with wish on my games and I play them on a pc

It would be possible of course but the nature lf the bug makes me doubt that. Could you double-check that please?
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    This has been entered in the bugtracker as issue 18089.