Skip to content

Christmas Party!

You know you're playing too much Baldur's Gate when...
Sjerrie said:

949. During different holidays you have themed playthroughs. Example: Santa and some elves serving up some coal to all the naughty orcs and goblins of Icewind Dale...

I have had this on my mind for many years. I never had the time around the holidays to actually finish such a game, but let's get crazy, people, and throw some characters around! :)

I'll start (forgive my rambling nature) using EEKeeper rules. ;)

Kris Kringle: NG male dwarf Ranger (or Swashbuckler/mage, or...)
Mrs. Claus: NG female human Druid (or Ranger/Cleric)
Elf: CG female halfling Blade
Bernard: LN male gnome Cleric/Thief (Bounty Hunter)
Jack Frost: LE male elf sorcerer

Kris is, of course, "Santa". I chose dwarf because of uhmm... body type. I thought of maybe Ranger because he gets around and has at least some affinity for animals. Or at least his reindeer. While I don't think he would be very warrior-minded, Ranger would also be a good choice to have at least some weight in that area. The same goes for the Swashbuckler option, as it's pretty durable should the fight come, but isn't backstabby. Don't feel Santa would do that. The mage part should be obvious, as Christmas is a magical time and stuff.

Mrs. Claus as a human, slightly more down-to-earth (pun intended) druid. Probably totemic. I always saw her as a caretaker primarily. Could also be Ranger/Cleric (Beastmaster?) if Kris is a more arcane build.

Elf and Bernard are Santa's "elves". Didn't pick elf as their race because they always seemed to be a lot shorter, i.e. different-mythology-elves. Bernard was the name of an elf in one of many Christmas movies, and Elf, because I couldn't think of another name... "Elf" is the young, peppy, progressive elf. Blade because the attitude seems to fit, to give both more melee and arcane options to the party, and to work a bard-class in there. Bernard is the older, grumpier, we've-done-it-like-this-for-hundreds-of-years-so-it-works elf. Bounty Hunter because he's an old-school tinkerer (the traps) and Cleric for his old elfy wisdom and experience. He might secretly be worshipping Santa.

Jack Frost is basically the antagonist as he is sometimes portrayed in movies. The harsh, cold winter in contrast to Santa's holiday cheer. Elf because if in movies he often is a kind of "fallen" Santa-elf, and sorcerer because I'd see him slinging cold spells as a signature move and slinging them often. Probably a superiority complex, that only he is a true elf, which to DnD rules he would be but we won't tell him that.

Post your own ideas! If this thread works then we could do easter. For that I'm thinking a Druid Shapeshifter, but instead of werewolf, his alternate form is a bunny...

< / wall of text >

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    How about the Krampus. Half-orc cleric/thief, maybe?
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    BillyYank said:

How about the Krampus. Half-orc cleric/thief, maybe?

Nice! Though in my holiday playthroughs I'd put him around the december 5th mark.
  • TymakerTymaker Member Posts: 105
    I'm in... But there is like, not really, a multie-player to this game.

Hey, dashing threw the snow, laughing on the way.

I'm starting a new game in multiple player called Christmas Party!
    edited December 2015
    I can't seem to start it from my Android, can any one else?

No I got it PW is 1234 @ A Christmas Party
    OK. Game is up. Just chilling at starting point. Game name is: A Christmas Party. PW is 1234. My Character name is Rowdolf.
    edited December 2015
    I'm going to change it to: A Fan Farwell... because Christmas actually ends.

PW 1234
    5 unanswered posts, I would totally consatute that as talking much?
    Tymaker said:

5 unanswered posts, I would totally consatute that as talking much?

Maybe a little, but I was busy deciphering your comments. ;)
    Since I originally had only 5 members for XP reasons, here is a potential sixth.

A human Dark Moon Monk, to represent a greedy business tycoon. Gameplay-wise a little squishy at first maybe, but will eventually lend some more martial prowess to the party.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    My latest party isn't really holiday themed, but I'm playing it on the Kindle Fire my wife just gave me for Christmas.

Sleepy is useless, and bringing Dopey into a dungeon would just be irresponsible.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

How about a Rise of the Guardians themed party?

YES! You thought of it too!! :cookie: