Skip to content

Increase FPS? Custom NPCs?

tuxedotuxedo Member Posts: 2
Hi,

just got the Enhanced Edition on steam and i want to change two things:

1. How can i increase the FPS? In Baldurs Gate EE i could simply change the maximum frame rate in the baldurs.ini, but in Baldurs Gate 2 EE it doesn't seem to work.

How can i speed up the game since 30 fps are way too slow?

2. I would like to change Stats, Classes and so on for my NPC Chars. I know there is a lvl 1 Mod by Gibberling, but everytime i try to install it it says there is missing something. I could use the EE Keeper, but i'am not sure i'am doing everything right since there are many variables to be aware of.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Increasing the frame rate in BG2EE works for me. However, I noticed that if you set the frame rate to something that's too high (like 120 fps) it automatically resets it to the frame rate you had before. Maybe that's the problem.

EEKeeper is easy enough to use. I suggest that you use it.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    the max frame rate in the EE games is 60, I have mine both set to 60 and it works and as @OlvynChuru has stated, EE keeper is probably the best and easiest way to go, best thing is every time you save your EE keeper set up, it won't actually change your original save file, it will make another one instead, so for example if you opened up a save game that was; "Baldur's gate run1" and you edited it with EE keeper, then saved your edit you would go back to your game and there would be your original file and; "Baldur's gate run1 0001" so you don't need to worry about messing anything up, worse case scenario your original will always be there
    Huh? Isn't 90 the max framerate in the EE games?
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271

No, it's 60 FPS
    ALIEN said:

No, it's 60 FPS
    Here's the thing: if you set the maximum frame rate to a number higher than 90, it automatically resets it to 30 when you start the game. However, you CAN set it to 90 without that happening.