Skip to content

Relatively new to the game series and hello from Alaska

Shrake907Shrake907 Member Posts: 38
edited January 2016 in New Members Welcome Area
Hey all,

I discovered Baldur's Gate (or rather Re-Discovered, I was just more interested in other games when BG 1 & 2 were first released) after the series, Critical Role, which Geek & Sundry produces reminded me of the game somehow.

I hunted around on the web and got a great deal on the Enhanced Editions on GOG, and I've got to say the value:entertainment ratio is incredible.

I rolled my first character in BG:EE, a Half-Elven Cleric (I didn't realize there were subclass kits) and wandered around Candlekeep for a bit, marveling at how such an old game series has aged gracefully.

The voice acting work blew me away as did the amazing personality the original cast of characters have! Xzar and Monty grew on me after a while, I have yet to finish the game with Jaheira and Khalid since I replace them in favor of Viconia & Kagain (or Minsc & Boo) Before I knew it, I was on the isle of Balduran, loving my first playthrough a bunch, but then I wanted to start all over and so I created an Elven Swashbuckler.

Swashies are pretty fun to play, I must say. I'm near the end of BG II: SoA I believe with the choices of either the forests, head to Suldanessellar or check out Watcher's Keep.

I decided to take some screencaps of the char sheet and inventory screen, just 'cuz:

Character Sheet: http://i.imgur.com/YZu0sXp.png & http://i.imgur.com/T703sMi.png (with portrait I discovered browsing these boards!)
Inventory Screen: http://i.imgur.com/zXkNNUN.png

I believe I rolled a total of 88 with the following scores, if I remember correctly:

STR: 15
DEX: 19
CON: 17 (Yeah, I didn't know Thieves can't benefit from more CON than 16 at the time of rolling)
INT:9
WIS:10
CHA:18

Anyhow, I find it a great game series, I've told some friends and they're also being sucked into the world of Faerun and the epic journey of CHARNAME, the Bhaalspawn.

It's good to be a part of this community, cheers!

-Steve
Post edited by Shrake907 on

Comments

• biffyclangerbiffyclanger Member Posts: 216
    Hey welcome I am also new to the forum. I haven't even figured out how to create new post yet lol. Very nice character and custom Portrait btw.
  • Shrake907Shrake907 Member Posts: 38
    @biffyclanger Hey, welcome fellow newbie! It took a while for me to figure out, but on the left-hand pane with all of the subcategories lies a golden button which says "New Discussion", I'm accustomed to "New Post", so it went over my head for a little bit.

Thanks, yeah she turned out to be a very fun character to play once I re-rolled from the Cleric. A character with 18 CHA at the start of the game would most likely be that pretty, so it was the natural choice amongst the other portraits I was considering. X)
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    that's some pretty killer damage with daggers nicely done, when I play swashies I usually go for scimitars, especially because there are 2 in SoA that give you an extra attack per round which will set you up to 4 if you use 'em both :)
    Hey thanks for the heads up. I did figure it out eventually. Not sure if this is the place to ask but i wanted to upload a pic in a comment (about 50k size) but it seemed to get stuck on the load bar for ages. Did you have issues uploading?
    Sry i just realised you used linked files Doh!
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    depending on your internet speed and if this website is having some obscene traffic it might take longer to attach a file, but 50k shouldn't be a problem, I noticed that my windows 8 laptop sometimes struggles to run this site properly, especially if im on a different internet hook up than home
    ok thx! ill figure it out.
    edited January 2016
    @sarevok57 Hey, thanks man. Scimitars feel like the natural choice, however this was a blind play through and I had no idea Belm existed hahah, anyhow yeah the daggers turned out very well because of the Swashbuckler's kit passives adding up over time, the initiative is pretty sweet as an added bonus.

From what I hear, I'm going to be very happy with the high level abilities once I crack open Throne of Bhaal once I get around to it.

Anyway, I'm playing through the first game *again* with a Totemic Druid in a LP, so far it's going pretty well and some interesting things happen during my "No Reload" LP on Core rules. Just throw me a PM if ya want a Play List link. ^^

@Ravenslight I've got family in Anchorage, Fairbanksan myself. Oh for sure, hyped for SoD. X)
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Have a :cookie: for joining!
    @Nimran Thanks, what sort of cookie is it?

Omnomnomnom.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited January 2016
    On behalf of moderators, welcome to the forum! It's nice to see you already involved in discussions here :)

Look on the stikied thread here - https://forums.beamdog.com/categories/community-support - about formatting and posting pictures. It will help greatly!
    @bengoshi Thanks for the wonderous warm welcome and for the perfect posting of pictures guide.

(Sorry, channeling my inner Baeloth there.)
  • NotabarbiegirlNotabarbiegirl Member Posts: 141
    Welcome to the group
    @Notabarbiegirl Thanks, good to be a part of the ... massive party. X)