Skip to content

Is it possible to replace Charname in saved game with another?

BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
I have been wondering if it is possible to replace Charname with another 1 in saved game without having to mod the core game files and I don't want to run through Irenicus dungeon each time I start a diff charname. (don't wanna use dungeon-be-gone mod).

Comments

• agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/eekeeper/ - EEKeeper is a saved game editor that allows you to modify your character's name, class, kit, stats, etc.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    edited January 2016
    @agb1, EEkeeper cannot influence gender related romance by changing gender, the game still remember you as your original gender even when I set to neither and start a fresh new game by using the modified character.
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    You can also edit Globals with EEKeeper. Globals are variables that are saved with your game and used to keep track of progress in the game including romances. Create a new game with a character of the other gender, save the game and look at the Globals of that saved game in EEKeeper. Compare them to your original game and make the changes you want.
    @agb1, hmm looks like there is no "lazy" way out of this ^^.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited January 2016
    Yes, @Bubbles, it's possible. Find your save and move to the mpsave folder. Then run the save game in the MP mode. Then you can delete the character and create a new one.

After you continue playing, you can use the EEKeeper or cluaconsole to give your new character XP, spells and items you want.

And you can move the new save back to the general save folder and continue to play in the single player.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    brunardo
    hmm still no simple straightforward way of just replacing with a pre-generated charname just via a unique value of the charname or something. Guess I am just plain lazy x_x.