Skip to content

Games stuttering after Windows 10 update 10586.11

2»

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited December 2015
    Just when I had lost any hope of solving this, I found a solution in a single post in the Dell forums. I downloaded an older driver version, a pre-Windows 10 release actually, that COMPLETELY SOLVED THIS PROBLEM THAT WAS DRIVING ME INSANE.... errr more insane, I mean :)

Now I have completely locked windows update capability of updating video drivers AND disabled Dell updates just to be on the safe side... :)
    Post edited by mlnevese on
    [Deleted User]ronaldoJuliusBorisov
    Just in case anyone is interested or was having the same problem, the latest AMD Crimson drivers (16.10 hotfix) fixed the slowdown bugs. I am now using the latest drivers with no problems at all. Actually I had a speed increase in all the games I tested :)
    elminster
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I'm still having the problem, and unfortunately I don't think my hardware is cmpatable with AMD Crimson drivers.
    @Fardragon It's worth a try anyway...
    My GPU is a GeForce 240GTS...
    There was a recent update to the NVidia drivers as well...
    Haven't seen anything later than November.
    mlnevese said:
    Thank's for trying, but it says "this driver is incompatible with your hardware". I think it is only for less antique video cards.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2016
    Windows 10 sucks. I bought a new computer (well put it together myself), plopped in a new windows 10 DVD (purely for DirectX 12) and it kept telling me there were "memory management" issues. I tested my different ram sticks hoping that was the problem. Nope. I then plopped in my Windows 7 DVD and it works like a charm. Go figure.
    JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    elminster