Skip to content

Hell Trials and Blackguards [possible SPOILERS]

Hey everyone,

I was thinking about my party setups etc. and about using a Blackguard CHARNAME. However, this made me think of the Hell Trials and what happens to Paladins there, i.e. choosing any evil solution will make them fall. Now I'm wondering if the reverse is true for Blackguards - do they fall if they choose any good solution?

Don't have any save in the vicinity to test it myself, and can't find any info on it anywhere. Does anyone have experience with this scenario?

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    If there is someone it ain't me......
    but AFAIK is not choosing any evil solution that will make them fall, but changing alignment. And any evil solution will cause alignment to change, while no good solution do so.
    I guess that with at least one evil solution you should not fall and maybe also with all good solutions, as I never read of evil chars change to good for it.
    But I'm only guessing, as I play mostly goodie 2 shoes.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    It doesn't change your alignment or anything else. See my run in the No-Reload thread for more informations.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    If you use Revised Hell Trials from one of the mods (Questpack?) then your alignment can change depending on your overall choices, which would impact a Blackguard. It's an excellent component btw as it provides many more options (including neutral paths) and more logic for any alignment change (so you don't automatically become evil if you choose 4 good and 1 evil path for instance, which does not necessarily make you evil; however a Paladin will still fall if they go on an evil path).
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for the replies everyone!

So, just to clarify: picking a good option during the Trials as a Blackguard will not cause you to fall? I don't care about alignment, I just don't want to lose my abilities.
    It doesn't, I chose a few Good Paths myself like the +20% resistance to Fire, Cold, and Electricity which stacks nicely with Armor of Faith and the +2 to all Saving Throws and my character was still a (even more OP) Blackguard.
    JuliusBorisovdunbar
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Thanks, that's all I needed to know!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    ... which, in fact, is an illustration that an evil character, who can choose between Paths for different trials, gets it easier than a good character.
    Gotural
    I agree, the Hell Trials take place in Hell where you fight the very essence of the Lord of Murder, trying to corrupt you. I think it's coherent that a Good or Neutral aligned character turns Evil with a single bad choice while the already Evil characters can't redeem themselves.
    gorgonzoladunbarJuliusBorisov