Skip to content

Can't destroy pocket plane

I've killed the Ravager and the Solar told me when I was ready, I can destroy the pocket plane, but the option doesn't appear when I leave. I'm only given the chance to return where I came from.

I saw something about Neera's quest causing this issue, but I completed it. The only bug with Neera I've seen is that after I finished Anomen's romance, Neera began romancing my female Player Character for some reason. I don't think that has much to do with this, though.

I'm attaching my save file. Hopefully this can be fixed.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    did you finish all 5 little trial things in your pocket plane? if not maybe take a second peak and make sure that you completed them all, every once in a while I will forget the yaga shura one or sendai one, so It can happen
  • hherrhherr Member Posts: 5
    Just double checked, and yeah, they're all done.
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    You just needed to change a certain variable.

Try this:
    elminster[Deleted User]lolien
  • hherrhherr Member Posts: 5
    Fantastic, thank you. What caused the problem?
    edited January 2016
    hherr said:

Fantastic, thank you. What caused the problem?

You're welcome! Neera's quest was not considered finished. This is the line that I added:

C:SetGlobal("OHN_TOB_PLOT","GLOBAL",15)

More information can be found here:
    Neera's ToB quest should not prevent travel to the Throne of Bhaal
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Is this still a common bug? I did Neera's quest, killed the Thayan wizardess and was teleported back to the Clearing by the quest giver. I haven't finished the pocket plane challenges yet, about to kill Abazigal. I wonder if this bug will strike.

In the previous run, I have refused the quest giver's offer and attacked him instead, forcing him to yield and teleport us back. There was no bug, then.
    @lunar You can find out by determining this value:

C:GetGlobal("OHN_TOB_PLOT","GLOBAL")

If it is 14, you will need to change it to 15 to proceed to the final battle.
    lolienJuliusBorisovelminsterlunar
    @JLee Sure, unfourtunately I play on ipad so I can not set up the console.
    Oh well, if I can not make it progress I will have to transfer my save to pc momentarily.
    If only Beamdog could make the cheat console available on tablets. It shouldn't be too difficult?
  • FarallonFarallon Member Posts: 6
    I have finished chapter 9 of Throne of Bhaal, but like the other people here, cannot leave and destroy the pocket plain. I've completed Neera's Quest but it hasn't moved over to the completed quest part of the journal. I'm playing on an iPhone 6 plus. is there anything that I can do to move the game forward?
    @Farallon You need to edit your save game, but you can only do that on pc. With ifunbox if your ios version allows it you can transfer your game folders and save game to the pc, and use eekeeper to edit the global mentioned above to 15. Or if you have the pc version transfer your save game to pc and load there and use the console to manually set the global.

Hopefully this will be fixed in the next patch.
    Thanks. Unfortunately, my iOS version doesn't allow me to do that. I guess I'm stuck.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Farallon can you get the beta for patch 2.0? It should be fixed there.
    @Tresset Is beta available on Ios?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @lunar I wouldn't know.
    edited March 2016
    Is editing ppguy01.dialog file, and removing condition of checking 'ohn tob global', workable? I did so, and left the condition only to check for challenges unfinished when banning entrance to tob. Thus Neera's quest has no effect on pocket plane spirit dialogues, only unfinished challenges will prevent passage to tob.
    Tresset said:

@Farallon can you get the beta for patch 2.0? It should be fixed there.

The highest version that I can find available for iOS is 1.3, put out on Feb 10, 2015.

Personally, I think Apple blocking access to app folders is ridiculous.
    Tresset
    edited March 2016
    I fixed it locally. This is the editted ppguy dialogue file, which removes the check for Neera's quest. I tried it with the first save in this thread, without this editted file, I can not go to tob, the option never comes. With this edit it comes and one can go to tob. Without the hassle of editing save game via eekeeper or using clua console to set globals.

With this fix no more need to edit save games for each playthrough. Just drop it into override folder.

Ofcourse with the next patch coming up this is not a really needed fix, however it may be of use to some, like me who play modded to the brim games on Ipad feverishly. (and has an older ios version that allows ifunbox to access game folders)