Skip to content

Shaman Class?

124»

Comments

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    can't wait for romance mods for m'khiin...
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    And they called it... gobby looooove.
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    I have some question how will the class be managable.

Will there be rituals involved? There are some in 3.5e.
    For example, will rituals have similar mechanic as bard's songs but targeting enemy's weakness ?
    Or will the class operate as described on http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Shaman ?
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited January 2016
    What stronghold will the shaman class do in BG2EE? Druid? Is it sure?
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited January 2016
    brus said:

I have some question how will the class be managable.

Will there be rituals involved? There are some in 3.5e.
    For example, will rituals have similar mechanic as bard's songs but targeting enemy's weakness ?
    Or will the class operate as described on http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Shaman ?

There are actualy at least two different versions of the shaman class in 2nd edition, one in first, Spirit Shaman in 3.5, one in Pathfinder, and I don't know how many in 4th and 5th. The SoD version appears to use bits from several.

This is what I have been able to deduce, based on hints, screenshots and educated guesswork:

*druid spell list, but cast spontaneously like a sorcerer;
    *spirit summoning ability is a toggle that immobilises the shaman when active;
    *they have some kind of "detect" ability toggle;
    *count as a druid for item usage;
    *use druid stronghold quest;
    *HD: 1d6;
    *THAC0: as cleric;
    *XP table: cleric;
    *Race: any;
    *Alignment: any neutral;
    *no shapeshifting or animal companions.
    Post edited by Fardragon on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I concur with @Fardragon, especially about the THAC0 and XP tables of clerics, not druids (and thus meaning reaching higher level spells later). Sorcerers get higher level spells later than mages, as a counter-measure for their spontaneous casting. I guess here it should be the same.
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    I believe that avenger posted something that lead me to believe that they will have a unique spell list.... Let's see...
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited January 2016
    Here is the quote:

I'm almost positive that they said that shaman will use druid spells as a base. If so, considering how the engine works, those spells will probably also be available to the druid.

But we are here to change how the engine works.
    Edit: be sure to 'show previous quote'