Skip to content

Kensai Character Portrait + Soundset

BlackhawkBlackhawk Member Posts: 34
edited January 2016 in Fan Creations
A character portrait and soundset I made based on Miyamoto Musashi in the graphic novel Vagabond. The Kensai class kit has always struck me as really out of place in Baldur's Gate, especially given its Kara-Tur themed name, and even more silly that the game doesn't supply any appropriately themed character portraits to play the Kensai Fighter kit. I think this portrait is a good place to start. The general idea is that CHARNAME is the son of a woman from Kara-Tur.

!!!!SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

She was a priestess of Bhaal who fled her homeland of Kara-Tur to serve her dark God. After CHARNAME was born and she was killed by Gorion and his companions, her brother Taka (a great swordmaster from their homeland) tracked down CHARNAME many years later to Candlekeep. Taka spoke with Gorion about CHARNAME, who agreed to permit him to train CHARNAME in the combat arts under the condition that he never reveal his identity to the boy. Taka departed for his homeland shortly after CHARNAME's 18th birthday, leaving behind a katana with a note -- "One blade, one purpose."

Soundset Installation Instructions:

Unzip the soundset (I like to use WinRAR, it's free and easy)

Go to Steam/SteamApps/Common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/lang/en_US/sounds

Drop the sound files into "sounds"
Post edited by Blackhawk on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Miyamoto Musashi by Takehiko Inoue, now from the BG fan :)

I've been using portraits of Miyamoto Musashi from Vagabond as my avatars for a long time here, actually.

So, of course me LIKE!
  • BlackhawkBlackhawk Member Posts: 34
    Thanks!