Skip to content

Can't Import BG EE Character

When I tried following the import directions, I don't see most of the folders described. For example, when I open the Saved folder, I don't see a .CHR file or a .BIO file; all I see are a variety of saves (quick and final, for example) and when I open those, none of them has a .CHR file, must portraits.

Seems like there's something wrong... Any ideas or help?

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Exported party members will be in the characters folder instead of the save folder.

If you want to import from a save, copy the entire 000000002-final-save subfolder from BG:EE's save folder to BGII:EE's save folder. Or whichever save you want to import from if different from the final save.
  • The_SergeThe_Serge Member Posts: 3
    Hi! Yeah, I did that. I put the final save subfolder (which, again, has no character information other than the portraits) in the BG2EE file called "bpsave." When I launch BG2EE and try to import from a saved game, the box is empty.

Clearly, I'm missing something (and it's probably something stupidly simple), but I can't figure it out.
  • The_SergeThe_Serge Member Posts: 3
    So, I discovered that I needed to start a BG2 game in order for the Save folder to generate and then I could save the BG save file. While I suspect that this is described somewhere (and I'll feel foolish when I find such a description), it seems to be a bit... strange to go about this in such a fashion.

No matter! I'm thrilled I was able to get it to work.

Thanks, Gate70, for responding.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    what I do is, is when im at the very tail end of bg1 I manually export my character, then I go to Documents/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/Characters and copy paste my .CHR file and .BIO file right into the Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Character folder and then start up a BG2EE game and in character creation I go to "import" from "character file" and voila my character is there