Skip to content

Jaheira HLA

2»

Comments

• biffyclangerbiffyclanger Member Posts: 216
    @gorgonzola hey cool yeah i never thought about HD using Impaler hmmm gotta test it out :).
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    jinxed75 said:

since (if you don't use a mod to change the Spell Progression Table) Jaheira will be stuck with one Lvl7 spell slot for a long time.

I did it.
    And after waiting that long time she started to gain the other lev7 spells one by one, very slowly :smiley:
    not all mods change the Spell Progression Table in the same way.
    jinxed75 said:

As for the weapons, both Water Talon and Impaler(as well as the improved Daystar) from Item Upgrades are completely OP in a non-Tactics game.
    Weimer made the item upgrade mod as a supplement to his crazy Tactics mod, this is something a lot of people overlook when discussing the stuff you can get out of it.

Seconded.
    I use IU mod, but also Tactics mod.
    But since he uses IU why not to give some hints.... :wink:
    I am still going to wait till Tactics becomes fully compatible with EE before trying it. Beta testing isn't my thing unfortunately. From what I can see its making progress. Right now ill stick to SCS and Ascension. Proving to be challenging as its my first time going through them :).
    Not all players like Tactics, is so cheating, so full of OP items*, is an old mod, the first one that rised globally the difficoulty of the game. A more modern approach rely more on better AI, on the revision of some spells and such things. A lot of players had shifted to SCS and other mods way before EE was born and compatibility issues rised. Isn't really for everyone, not for his difficoulty, but for the way it implements difficoulty.
    But when it will be fully compatible I think that is a good thing to give it a try, maybe only to discover that is not your kind of thing....
    And I think that some parts of it are worth to be saved anyway, like chateau Irenicus, the poison encounter, Tactics ritual outside wk, the random encounters in the city, even if for the rest of the game more modern mods are used to enhance difficoulty.

* Among them a throwing spear that combine the power of Throwing Impaler and the poisoning effect of WT, some boots that protect from dispel magic and backstab, a lot of Arrows of dispelling and Speed and Invisibility Potions.
    Well I have the SCS keep half of the enemy's dropped potions installed... Boy was that a mistake. I am swamped in potions of all kinds particularly potions of invulnerability which is quite powerful.
    edited January 2016
    The good thing of mods that give OP items or large amount of rare consumable items is that you can use them or not use them as you like.
    Having a lot of arrows of dispelling and Invisibility Potions open new ways in mage debuffing and thief use as routine tactics. And this is both interesting and potentially balance breaking. But no one compells you to do it. The player has to self limit himself, that is not easy for anyone, only the self disciplined ones succeed.
    So I see the good in components like the one that keep half of the enemy's dropped potions.

But in the end I tink that also the players that indulge in game breaking items and tactics get bored of it, having some challenge is part of the fun. And the first time you go REALLY OP is a lot of fun, I remember when I tried a helmet that set at 25 all the stats, or a ring that give permanent IA and another that make 4 x the spells memorizable, but was a short lasting fun......
    Definitely. In fact I would probably have been inclined to use potion of invulnerability more if there weren't so many. Now it just feels like cheating using them.
  • LoveViconiaLoveViconia Member Posts: 196
    Keep jahieera in soa because she has the beast romance, and because she has a skill that will turn a fight into a joke, your enemies wont be able to cast skill or run in fear. For the rest, armor shield the best you can find she is still not good. The rest of the skill in late she gets, also cleric or mages have them, in tob she cannot stand most of the fights. And she get no romance unless the love talking, few of them. I made her an archer and i foumd her much more of use and still romancing was going on.

Keep jahieera in soa because she has the beast romance, and because she has a skill that will turn a fight into a joke, your enemies wont be able to cast skill or run in fear. For the rest, armor shield the best you can find she is still not good. The rest of the skill in late she gets, also cleric or mages have them, in tob she cannot stand most of the fights. And she get no romance unless the love talking, few of them. I made her an archer and i foumd her much more of use and still romancing was going on.

I my game she's actually and Tank and DPS.
    Imo with shield she is wasted, she has ironskins for that, if you spend some points in DW and give her OH the +1Apr Belm the music change. She need also a STR enhancer, in SoA the Ogre Gauntlets are fine, in ToB a good belt is better. And she will have fighter HLAs that cleric or mages can only dream about.
    Ranged with a sling that allow STR bonus and a GOOD strength enhancer can do something but will still lack of APR as sling has only 1 base and she has no GM. When you NEED her ranged she can do it, but in mlee with the same STR enhancer DW the +3 Club (later SB) and belm she is much more effective.
    The only possible reason to don't have her DW is Ryn-Ram.

This if you want to have her effective as fighter from a PWG prospective.
    Well there are occasion when I send her off to face eyeballs of cheese with cheese board. Totally nerfed in SCS though.
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    edited February 2016
    Jaheira can hold her own in end game. In ToB she had WW, GWW, Hardiness, could summon devas and earth elementals and toss energy blades. Base attacks 5/2, 7/2 with Belm. THACO with Water's Edge -6. She also has a bunch of other weapons: Staff of the Ram, Ixil's Spike, Impaler, Staff of Thunder and Lightning and some other junk.

Lol you beat me to it. I was just about to upload aswell:image
    She is buffed by Haer'Dalis and his Simulacrum both sing Improve Bardsong with Righteous Might (max damage and 25 str) doing 9 APR with Improved Haste. thats already 350ish damage per round. Activate Critical hit she will deal 700 damage to non critical immune damage per round and 350 guaranteed damage to critical immune enemies. That's not including weapon elemental damage.

I have Item upgrade installed. But even without I'd still be looking 38 damage per swing with club of detonation not counting the extra fire damage.
    THAT is the Jaheira that I know!
    Good fighter, God Fighter if you have a bard in the party :smiley:
    She can DW for max dmg or swich to shield ( Red Dragon one if club of detonation) as needed.

@biffyclanger, I see your party is little short of GP, do you need a loan? :wink:

@FrdNwsm, better to upload jpg than BMP, bandwidth saved for the forums (they pay it), but they can ask a GP donation to biffyclanger, and less problems for users in digital divide areas.
    @gorgonzola Sry its late over here... Whats GP?
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069

@gorgonzola Sry its late over here... Whats GP?

GP = gold pieces; in that screen the party only has 7.5 million. Paupers!
    edited February 2016
    Ah yes me and Jan bribed and coerced our way to the top of the illicit underground turnip racket. Surprisingly lucrative! He remained in Athktala to oversee our expansion into Baldur's Gate you see. When I get to ascend I will have to ask for the patron of Turnip traders portfolio.
    edited February 2016
    I see....
    I imagine that he will be your high priest, the first T/M/C of bg2.
    Illegal class, even if he will try to convince people that is perfectly legittimate, as anything else he do.
    He will fashion some gear to make it work no doubt!