Skip to content

Are we there yet?

1235»

Comments

• helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    brus said:

Note to myself:
    Nizidramanii'yt and Thaxllssillyia are really good names to name your children.

Sure

If you want to lose custody

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    We still haven't made it!!! *flops*
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Twenty said:

Err, how about a screenshot or some concept art?

Yes, please, especially the part about concept art.
  • SithdreadnaughtSithdreadnaught Member Posts: 22
    A screenshot would be nice...
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064

We have not yet announced an official release date.
    I'll admit we've gone very dark from a content and information standpoint, which we will attempt to improve upon going forward, but we want Siege of Dragonspear to be good, so all our effort has been applied in that vein.

-Trent

Give us something!
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    The truth is that we are impatient because we've had so much fun with the other baldur's gate games and we expect the same to happen with the upcoming game.

Beamdog sucks worse than Blizzard in giving out information and that is saying alot. But honestly... If they deliver a great game then the lack of information will be forgotten the second the game is released.

I'm like the rest of the impatient lot in here. I'm desperate for more information. But when I take a breather and count to 10, I always realize that the wait wont matter in the end.
  • craymond727craymond727 Member Posts: 208
    I think it's important to remember that Beamdog doesn't have exclusive control on the sharing of information and content. I forget where exactly this was said, but one of the staff members (Amber?) detailed how Beamdog had to go through WotC before releasing anything. I'm not saying this necessarily excuses the lack of new info, but it probably isn't entirely on Beamdog.
  • Brer_RabbitBrer_Rabbit Member Posts: 159
    Still nothing? Okay.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
    While my criticisms of beamdog remain, I'll give @TrentOster credit for admitting that there is a problem and for giving permission to release some quotes from the game.

Admitting you made a mistake and/ or could have done something better isn't easy. So, well done and credit where credit is due.

Now gief Clara, hire Chris Avellone *and* David Gaider and I'll stop complaining.
  • BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 367
    I'd like to see a release date myself, but I can respect the "run silent, run deep" approach to PR. I'm just happy there is basically a new Infinity Engine game coming out. At some point.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I haven't checked this thread in a while! I wonder if anything exciting has been revealed yet!...

...guess I'll have to keep waiting. They'll say something eventually, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgxK5vm6lvk
  • TwentyTwenty Member Posts: 52
    edited January 2016

Wowo said:

We have not yet announced an official release date.
    I'll admit we've gone very dark from a content and information standpoint, which we will attempt to improve...
    -Trent

Give us something!
    Does a stream of Amber and Phil playing the game for an hour count as something?

http://blog.beamdog.com/2016/01/dragonspear-live-stream.html
    Certainly not. Not enough details like:

1) Will it be spoilerific?
    2) Will Amber be wearing that ridiculous hat?
    3) Will Phil be holding that turkey leg during the video?
    4) Will there be a chat window with people typing stuff like "Aliens confirmed!"?

More info, MORE... TELL ME MORE! I NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING! MWAHH HAHAHA!
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Twenty said:

2) Will Amber be wearing that ridiculous hat?

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2016
    Twenty said:

4) Will there be a chat window with people typing stuff like "Aliens confirmed!"?

Well its on Twitch so there should at least be a chat window. I'll be around as well in the chat section (though I might be a bit late to the party)
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Still not there yet? Back to Fallout 4.
  • jankieljankiel Member Posts: 127

Taking my time at work and still waiting...
  • SirOscisSirOscis Member Posts: 6
    jankiel said:

Taking my time at work and still waiting...

Congrats ... your lichdom conversion is nearly complete (note: hand lagging)?
    A few questions:

A. Was it painful?
    2. Are your co-workers collecting disruption weapons?
    C. Does your morning coffee taste the same?

You know, one thing IE games don't need is another lich ... :smile:
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Why? It certainly, positively needs any additional lich you can provide and more. If you're a lich and want to be included into an IE game, please, email the developers and they'll look into what can be done.

Shhh! Don't tell Anduin - this lich's power is immense, he cannot be caged or controlled.
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    bengoshi said:

Why? It certainly, positively needs any additional lich you can provide and more. If you're a lich and want to be included into an IE game, please, email the developers and they'll look into what can be done.

Shhh! Don't tell Anduin - this lich's power is immense, he cannot be caged or controlled.

You don't control or cage liches. You send summoned creatures towards them so that they stupidly waste all their best offensive powers on the summoned creatures. After that you take them down easily.