Skip to content

Snow storm.

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
imageimageimage

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Where are you at?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Minnesota, US. It has been snowing all day and isn't going to stop until morning.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Just like I wrote in https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/46733/greetings-from-the-mid-atlantic#latest, it's excellent to have a day or two a year when the weather is like that.

Warm and cozy in your house, then go out and play in the snow, jump into it, "make angels"...

But of course you have to clear the roads and everything, which is no so simple.

But when you get weeks of such snow as I had in Russia, it can become bothersome and you stop enjoying it :)
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,026
    Or months of such snow in Russia @bengoshi :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Aerakar said:

Or months of such snow in Russia @bengoshi :)

I tried not to scare the forumites, @Aerakar :)
  • SquireSquire Member Posts: 511
    No fair! You get loads of snow, and we don't get any here in the UK!! :( Well, Scotland seems to get plenty, but us Midlanders get nowt. I want snow, dammit!!!

Oh well...at least I went to Austria before Christmas, and Sweden afterwards, so I got to have snow this year even if the rest of England didn't. :D
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I like snow that you can drive to. I have lived in cold climates (well, maybe not in compared with some here, but cold by my standards). I much prefer sunny California where we can sit outside in the park for lunch pretty much all year around and never have to worry about anything heavier than a light jacket.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @the_spyder , That's pretty much the case for the entire Southeastern U.S., as well. Summers are brutally hot and humid here, though, emphasis on the "humid", while the west coast at least has the moderating influence of the Pacific Ocean. We Southeastern U.S. residents often feel like we are living in a tropical swamp during summer.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    Tresset said:

Minnesota, US. It has been snowing all day and isn't going to stop until morning.

Minnesota, USA....it's been snowing since I was born and probably won't stop until I die.

In all seriousness, the East Coast and South have no idea what a snow storm really is. Not until you've been stuck in your house for 4 days with snow literally reaching up to the roof of your house. I think this happened twice in 1996.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

Tresset said:

Minnesota, USA....it's been snowing since I was born and probably won't stop until I die.

In all seriousness, the East Coast and South have no idea what a snow storm really is. Not until you've been stuck in your house for 4 days with snow literally reaching up to the roof of your house. I think this happened twice in 1996.
    I lived in Houghton, MI for a while and that used to happen all the time. Well, except for the staying indoors part. If you stayed inside just because the snow's up to the roof, you'd never get anything done in winter. :smiley:
  • brusbrus Member Posts: 944
    Some scientists claim that we are living in the beginnig of the new ice age cycle.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Tresset said:

I think some part of the east cost might understand. We don't get much snow In Missouri, but I wish we did. I wish I lived in the mountains. It got up into the 50's over the weekend here.