Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Can't Import BG EE Character

When I tried following the import directions, I don't see most of the folders described. For example, when I open the Saved folder, I don't see a .CHR file or a .BIO file; all I see are a variety of saves (quick and final, for example) and when I open those, none of them has a .CHR file, must portraits.

Seems like there's something wrong... Any ideas or help?

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,666
    Exported party members will be in the characters folder instead of the save folder.

If you want to import from a save, copy the entire 000000002-final-save subfolder from BG:EE's save folder to BGII:EE's save folder. Or whichever save you want to import from if different from the final save.

• The_SergeThe_Serge Member Posts: 3
    Hi! Yeah, I did that. I put the final save subfolder (which, again, has no character information other than the portraits) in the BG2EE file called "bpsave." When I launch BG2EE and try to import from a saved game, the box is empty.

Clearly, I'm missing something (and it's probably something stupidly simple), but I can't figure it out.

• The_SergeThe_Serge Member Posts: 3
    So, I discovered that I needed to start a BG2 game in order for the Save folder to generate and then I could save the BG save file. While I suspect that this is described somewhere (and I'll feel foolish when I find such a description), it seems to be a bit... strange to go about this in such a fashion.

No matter! I'm thrilled I was able to get it to work.

Thanks, Gate70, for responding.

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 4,983
    what I do is, is when im at the very tail end of bg1 I manually export my character, then I go to Documents/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/Characters and copy paste my .CHR file and .BIO file right into the Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition Character folder and then start up a BG2EE game and in character creation I go to "import" from "character file" and voila my character is there