Skip to content

Permanent Spell Failure Status in BGIIEE

BatuhanBatuhan Member Posts: 3
Hi guys ,
I found a genius solution about this problem.
Solution;
Kill your char who has spell failure status on your party and raise him/her in a temple.
That's all :)

The conversation of this problem a little bit old.
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/25303/not-an-issue-permanent-spell-failure-status
Post edited by Batuhan on

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    What causes permanent spell failure? A cursed scroll?
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Deafness is permanent, but I'd have thought that was a different icon to regular spellcasting failure, and murder is a bit extreme as a "cure" for that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BatuhanBatuhan Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2016
    This is not deafness. I think it can be a bug and it was looking permanent. Rest and any other cures were not solve the problem.
    So i try a trick and solve my problem. In this forum there is a discussion about this problem but conversation is old.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/25303/not-an-issue-permanent-spell-failure-status I guess i found a tricky and good solution according to this conversation :)

If some ppl having same problem i wanted to help them. And i do not know what it exactly did to my mage Neera. You know she is a wild mage maybe she did it herself :)
    Post edited by Batuhan on
  • BatuhanBatuhan Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2016
    Spell failure looks like on this picture. And believe me your HP is so low, you can't wear anything when it happens, really i do not know why it happens, And you are getting cast fail for every spell you have. You char is useless. I think spell failure status is belong to Black Pits scenario. But i saw this situation in BGIIEE.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

Deafness is cured by a Cure Disease spell (which is a lot cheaper than Raise Dead in temples!)

Eh, generally I just recruit Anomen and/or Viconia early on, have them memorise all Raise Dead, Remove Curse and Lesser Restorations, and then kick them out.

Later on, I just swing back round the Coronet/Graveyard, cast whatever I need and kick them out again.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2016

What causes permanent spell failure? A cursed scroll?

Exporting a character in the Black Pits 2 to use them in Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal