Skip to content

New voice sets for player

1235»

Comments

• RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    From the pic that displays before you click on the youtube link I couldn't help but think he looks a bit like a younger Alistair McGowan, another guy who's known for his voice talents (though in a different way).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUVXbMwj4cI&feature=relmfu

Nice Rowan Atkinson impression at 7:30 mark.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Can anyone link a similar commentary to the Mark Meer interview (so my type, btw, I wish I could marry him), with the voice actors for Sarevok, Irenicus, or any of the other NPC's?
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    @belgarathmth I don't think there are similar interviews. I've tried youtube and can't find any and I've tried looking for interviews where David Warner talks about Baldur's Gate before and haven't found anything. I don't think there is any available.

Though it would be cool if someone from Beamdog like @TrentOster @Nathan or @PhillipDaigle could see about arranging interviews (even if it's just written interviews by e-mail or whatever) with David Warner, Kevin Micheal Richardson etc to see what they recall of the experience working on the games, what they thought at the time/looking back and so forth.
  • KouTheMadKouTheMad Member Posts: 77
    this gives me a idea for a mod.
  • AnOnionAnOnion Member Posts: 30
    ^ What a tease!
  • LekianLekian Member Posts: 108
    Just one week to go and cannot wait to hear the new voice sets.

The 18th September is just going to be a glorious day!
  • MrKrisSatanMrKrisSatan Member Posts: 75
    @TrentOster can we have some samples, pweese?
  • DaveDave Member Posts: 200
    Male 6 is my favorite, too.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @Dave I assume that means the voicesets will have just as illogical and undifferentiated names as before then? :P I'm not trying to sound rude, it's just SO hard to tell people what voiceset you're talking about with names like "Male 2".

But maybe Male 6 is a code name. Maybe you couldn't give away the real name without giving away what it sounds like.
  • HertzHertz Member Posts: 109
    edited September 2012
    I'm willing to record some voice sets, if you guys have some ideas. I'm male, I'm a long-time hobbyist actor, and I do a number of voices/dialects.

For those of you who played City of Heroes, you might remember Stan & Lou. :)

I've often wondered if I could do a good enough imitation of Graham Chapman to create a "Colonel" voice set. When you make him leader he says, "Now I've noticed a tendency for this party to get rather silly."

I might be able to do a west-country Devon accent, but ... what in the heck would you use it for? Click to confirm: "Proper job!"

• KlonoaKlonoa Member Posts: 93

Holding out hope that at least one is British, preferably of the South - around London, not too south, don't want a Cornish voice set!

Why not? But I have to say Im a real sucker for the Irish Accents myself....followed closely by certain brit accents..though I never bothered to figure out which regions are responsible for which accents...such as cockney vs cornish vs others

Suppose I just want a voice set that sound similar to my own!
    Are you not from the UK then? Cockney rhyming slang actually originates from London, think Michael Caine, very different to the Queen's English. And Cornish is pretty much any farmer in the south-west!
    Irish accents are good, I think there is actually an Irish sounding voice set in the original?

Aye! I'll `avee know that we've got ansum dialects we do! We could be pirates in Brynnlaw, or sellin pasties down the docks :P (never `ad rats, no sirree)

Let me tell you something for real. Having lived in Cornwall, Liverpool and now the American south, I have an accent that confuses everyone :)

I'd love a welsh accented voice set. Its a lovely language, I've always said that Wales is like a more charming, attractive sister to Cornwall lol