Skip to content

New voice sets for player

Comments

• MeraMera Member Posts: 133

Yes, English only. I personally am not qualified to judge voice acting in any other language.
    -Trent

Just a little question about that: does it mean the voice are not going to be translated at all (which would be really sad because that means I will not be able to use them, game would sound weird) or just that you cannot judge the quality of the translation?

I mean, Bioware did translate everything at that time, there should be a way for you to do it now :)

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I forgot about that show!
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    No comma there. they are skilled. I don't comment on pretty, it doesn't pay off with voice actors

-Trent
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428

One of the actors has appearing in the BG series before. He is quite good.
    -Trent

The guy who did Shepard?
  • GodKaiserHellGodKaiserHell Member Posts: 398
    edited July 2016

Post edited by GodKaiserHell on
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited August 2012
    I don't really need any new voices, there's one I already like the best. It sounds just like the 'Brooding Dark Hero' from Neverwinter Nights, but quieter.

But I am not going to decline new ones! I seaport.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727

The guy who did Shepard?

It could be actually. Mark Meer had pretty damn small parts in Shadows of Amn (one of the robed dudes for the ending cinematic) and a big of a bigger part in Throne of Bhaal, albeit a short one (Cyric)

As far as I know, no appearance in BG1, not sure though.

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861

No comma there. they are skilled. I don't comment on pretty, it doesn't pay off with voice actors

-Trent

I think you would be on fairly safe ground describing Melissa Disney as pretty and skilled.

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    edited September 2012
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    Oh, nice
  • DeivisDeivis Member Posts: 13
    :D:D
  • BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
    I suggest an additional male and female voice specific to each race, or with each race in mind.
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    Let me do some volunteering french voice acting ! xD xD *probably worst voice actor ever*

Actually I really appreciate the +3 female voice set. I didn't like most of the original female voices... Hope to meet my perfect match !
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    edited August 2012
    For your continued updates you could give people the chance to submit localized voice sets. A nice Christmas gift to non-english gamers :)

I only speak english, but hell seeing as I played Bauldurs Gate so much, maybe if I played it in another language I'd finish TOB fluent.

Edit* Though clearly I can't spell the games name properly so maybe I'll stick to English for awhile...
    Post edited by spacejaws on
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Nifty! New voice sets are always nice.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

That's really good news. I've never managed to find a male voice set I like so maybe the new ones will work for me.

Huh, funny. For me, I thought Male1 and Male3 were awesome, but I only kind of liked Female2 and the others ... bleh. :P

• immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    I almost always play a female character and didn't like my choices :) Im very glad we will have more...more is always better, unless your talking fireants.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited August 2012
    @Immagikman I have to agree with you about the female voice sets. Some of the representative dialogue sounded downright evil. Like the one with "All will DIE!"

Could we have a "For the Light!" battle cry, or something that sounds heroic and from a good character rather than "I am evil and willing to kill anything in my path." type stuff?
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    *pours honey on himself and lets fire ants crawl over him. Glances at the board* Hey, what's with the fire ant hate? These guys *ow* are my budd*ow*ies.
  • pablo200783pablo200783 Member Posts: 96
    BG1 need more vioce set well done.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Gief Sarevok or Irenicus voice a.k.a. Kevin Michael Richardson or David Warner voice!

Yeah, fat chance of that :P
  • AurenRavidelAurenRavidel Member Posts: 139
    People always say they want better voicesets (which I totally agree with) but they don't say exactly what they want. So here's what I'd personally like, voiced with an Irish (Moonshaes) accent.

Male PC
    Battle Cry: I'll try to make your death a quick one
    Becoming Leader: The greatest warriors lead from the front
    Tired: *yawns* I need a good drink, a bad woman and a soft bed
    Bored: My sword arm's getting a bit twitchy here
    Badly Wounded: Kindof...bleeding to death here. Just thought you might want to know
    Selected 1+2+3: Your orders? Need something done right? How may I serve?
    Action Acknowledge 1+2+3: As you wish. Of course. Right away.
    In Forest: I wonder if there's any dryads in this forest? I've, uh, heard good things about em.
    In City: Is there a tavern that serves a decent black ale around here? I could use a break.
    In Dungeon: And so the noble heroes walked around in the darkness, trying desperately not die horrible bloody deaths at the hands of...traps and things.
    Daytime: Lovely day for a stroll. Sun's a bit hot, though. Could go for a bit o' shade.
    Nighttime: There's nothing quite like a moonlit stroll in Selune's embrace.
    Reaction to Party Member Death: I'll avenge ya, comrade
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    @TrentOster Double it or triple it please. We need 9 new male and female voices.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    @AurenRavidel Nice idea to lay things out like this. Hope you don't mind if I use your template. I also added a few new entries like critical hit acknowledgements and death!

Here's my idea for a smart-mouthed guy.

Battle Cry: Everything dies. It just happens to be your turn!
    Becoming Leader: Well, I don't want to say I told you so, or anything, but...
    Tired: *yawns* Why do now what you can do after a nap?
    Bored: Be an adventurer, they said. It'll be exciting, they said.
    Badly Wounded: All this...haha...blood loss is giving me a case of the, heh, giggles!

Death: *whispered, raspy* Be sure to revive me...or I'll haunt you...

Selected 1+2+3: Mhm? I'm ready. The Hells do you want?

Annoyed 1 + 2: Keep poking like that and I'm going to think somebody's got a crush. Haha, but seriously, cut it out.

Action Acknowledge 1+2+3: Sure. If you say so. There better not be a trap over here.

Critical Hit Acknowledge: Ohohoho! It hurts SO good!

In Forest: Whose idea was it to come here? We're just begging for a random encounter.
    In City: Nice change of pace from the woods. Here, the feces is all conveniently in one place!
    In Dungeon: Admittedly, this IS a pretty swanky lair.
    Daytime: Where's a villain plotting to destroy the sun when you need one? I'd definitely be that guy's henchman.
    Nighttime: It's funny to think there could be ahnkeg spit headed right towards me as I speak, and I just can't see it. Did I say funny? I meant horrifying.
    Reaction to Party Member Death: Let's not resurrect them. They're kind of annoying.