Skip to content

New voice sets for player

Comments

• AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    I enjoyed 3/5 of the original Male voices, so I am interested in hearing the 3 new ones.
  • AurenRavidelAurenRavidel Member Posts: 139
    Nathan said:

We can't accept any of your scripts for use in-game via this medium for a variety of reasons (many of them legal). Having said that, you've got the basis for a great fan mod here if you put it together. =)

Thanks! I've actually done voice acting professionally before (for advertisements) and I've got the software, so maybe I will do that. :)

Looking forward to hearing the new soundsets!

• NancyButtpeachNancyButtpeach Member Posts: 38
    I would like an Arnold voice set, but I doubt that will happen. I would like the voice actor for Sarevok to do a set for the protagonist; he is my favorite voice actor from any game. I wish they would have gotten him to do Darth Vader in the Force Unleashed.
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    edited August 2012
    That's a bit harsh

http://www.youtube.com/embed/0IVLEjIyxbg -> 5min44 and there you have gargling sarevok

Well I speak basic german so maybe I'm less influenced xd
  • SurvivorSurvivor Member Posts: 68
    As a native speaker of German who also played the Baldur's Gate saga in its localised form it is interesting to hear that you describe Sarevok's German voice in such a way. I just watched the English intro for the first time and actually prefer the German voices because I think that the German Sarevok sounds a lot more intimidating and demonic (or rather "evil-godish"). Nevertheless, I decided to give the Enhanced Edition a try in its originial, English version in order to enjoy the new soundsets and get a better feeling of how the characters already in the non-enhanced version "are supposed to sound".
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Maybe add voice sets with other add-ons as it develops. I dream of a BG map that's world-sized when it's all said and done. LOL. I mean, you can go everywhere and do all sorts of things. Different crises crop up and whatnot. :D
  • purduetimpurduetim Member Posts: 1
    Does Elisha Cuthbert voice Neera? Because Jason Manley was clearly looking at a picture of her when he drew Neera's portrait!
  • elsmalloelsmallo Member Posts: 5
    I spent about two days making a Viggo the Carpathian from Ghostbusters 2 voiceset and portrait for IWD2, with Audacity, the old Windows sound recorder and the DVD pause a lot. It was, if I say it myself, simply awesome. 'On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood!' he'd say, when you clicked on him. Then my computer exploded and I.lost.everything. Problem is, you can't actually roleplay Viggo the Carpathian, because he just wants to kill everyone.

Can we include the IWD soundsets? Or some modder do this? They were awesome.
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    Neera was painted by Nat. She was painted from a reference photo of a friend of Phil's. We learned not to use external reference at Bioware. Neera isn't voiced by Elisha, she's voiced by an actress named Nicola and she is outstanding.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    Holding out hope that at least one is British, preferably of the South - around London, not too south, don't want a Cornish voice set!
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664

Holding out hope that at least one is British, preferably of the South - around London, not too south, don't want a Cornish voice set!

Why not? But I have to say Im a real sucker for the Irish Accents myself....followed closely by certain brit accents..though I never bothered to figure out which regions are responsible for which accents...such as cockney vs cornish vs others

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Welsh for me, please. You'll be fy arwyr if you include a Welsh Accent. fy arwyr= my hero.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600

Why not? But I have to say Im a real sucker for the Irish Accents myself....followed closely by certain brit accents..though I never bothered to figure out which regions are responsible for which accents...such as cockney vs cornish vs others

Suppose I just want a voice set that sound similar to my own!
    Are you not from the UK then? Cockney rhyming slang actually originates from London, think Michael Caine, very different to the Queen's English. And Cornish is pretty much any farmer in the south-west!
    Irish accents are good, I think there is actually an Irish sounding voice set in the original?

• theJoshFrosttheJoshFrost Member Posts: 171
    Can we manually import the BG2 / Icewind Dale voice sets?

Suppose I just want a voice set that sound similar to my own!
    Are you not from the UK then? Cockney rhyming slang actually originates from London, think Michael Caine, very different to the Queen's English. And Cornish is pretty much any farmer in the south-west!
    Irish accents are good, I think there is actually an Irish sounding voice set in the original?

Naaa Im from the USA, but I have traveled and lived in other parts from time to time. But now Im on the east coast of the USA.
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    Nah, waat yu waant is a skandiwegian aaksent
    Tr_ond said:

Nah, waat yu waant is a skandiwegian aaksent

Technically if the girl is hot enough I don't care about the accent ;) However I know that some can just make my heart go pitter pat sight unseen.
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    @immagikman : My ears are accent intolerant, there are accents out there that no amount of hotness can counter. For some reason i have a higher threshold for weird English accents than most i`ve heard from my own country. I blame video game voice actors and Monty Python.
  • cloakanddaggercloakanddagger Member Posts: 111
    @Majoca you forgot my favorite Xzar quote and usually his first line you hear. "Your voice is ambrosia"
  • DregostyrDregostyr Member Posts: 5
    Minsc is my favorite voiced character. Just thought I'd toss it out there :p
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited August 2012

She was painted from a reference photo of a friend of Phil's.

This is where I learn not to make too many jokes about having the hots for NPCs based on their portraits...
    Could be worse... You could discover it's based on a developer's wife... or mother :)

• ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    mlnevese said:

She was painted from a reference photo of a friend of Phil's.

This is where I learn not to make too many jokes about having the hots for NPCs based on their portraits...
    Could be worse... You could discover it's based on a developer's wife... or mother :)

Eeeeww...
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Or child...
    LadyRhian said:

Or child...

oh ouch!
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    mlnevese said:

I think this would only make me enjoy an attractive portrait more. Muahahaha!
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208

mlnevese said:

well, if the hubby and wife/son and mother/etc is okay with it, it's not like we'll ever know. So just tell yourself whatever you like best :)

p.s. it's his hot maid that he took pictures of when she wasn't paying attention.......
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Bjjorick said:

mlnevese said:

well, if the hubby and wife/son and mother/etc is okay with it, it's not like we'll ever know. So just tell yourself whatever you like best :)

p.s. it's his hot maid that he took pictures of when she wasn't paying attention.......

Hmmm the mother/wife would certainly object to that :)