Skip to content

Stop NPCs leaving due to reputation

BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 367
edited February 2016 in BG:EE Mods
I'm sure this concept is part of a larger fix or tweak pack, but I can't find it individually quickly with a forum search or a google search, so I'm posting my fix here. I modified the HAPPY.2DA file so that a value that typically lets characters know it's time to leave due to low/high reputation doesn't trigger. It can be installed by dropping in to your override folder in C:\Users\[YourUserNameHere]\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\override. If that folder doesn't exist, you can create it and drop the attached HAPPY.2DA file in it. The location of where your override folder should be may be different depending on your operating system. It should stop NPCs from leaving due to reputation being too low or too high.

I know this exists in some other mods, but personally I prefer to install individual fixes myself. This is mostly for people who share that attitude and would rather drop a file in the override folder than let an exe or other mod distribution platform change whatever else it is they are going to change.
Post edited by Bigfish on

Comments

• GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    edited February 2016
    Pretty sure it's part of bgtweaks.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2tweaks/

It's titled "happy patch".
  • KasKas Member Posts: 28
    edited April 2016
    thank you very much :)

btw does it work for bg2ee as well?
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    bgtweaks works for bg2ee as well.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    as someone who does not like the reputation system i always use the happy patch.
  • SomeoneElseSomeoneElse Member Posts: 12
    edited April 2016
    How about change to prevent npc leaving after x days ?
    Coran example will leave after few days when quest is done or total of 14days i think?
    Quote wiki:
    If his subquest is not completed within seven days, he will say something about it and will leave the party after another seven days have passed.

--
    I activated him by exploring at chapter 1 without unlocking chapter 2/3/4..and since his quest unlocks at chapter 3/4 he will most definitely leave..

--
    edit
    ok.maybe i am not in trouble
    according to
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/40624/problem-with-coran-and-cloakwood-in-enhanced-edition

mod is actually preventing him to leave.I guess i will play and see what happens.