Skip to content

So, my barbarian was raging, and he got dire charmed by a siren

I thought the rage would protect against this.

I know the rage was on, because it deactivated while I was stuck there.

What's weird is this: I was playing solo. I know when you're solo, the game ends when you're charmed, but that didn't happen to me.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Hmm... Normally I would say that this is just a one in a million incident that managed to slip by the engine somehow, but then a similar thing happened to you with the Horn of Kazgaroth... You wouldn't happen to have any mods running, would you?
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    Nope. Vanilla on my iPad.
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    Ooooo, maybe.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    bengoshi said:

Are you sure it was charm, not feeblemind?

Oh, right... Forgot about that...
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    edited February 2016
    When I do the Sirene group I am usually throwing axes as solo attacker ~ the rest of party is well out of sight. Then, when charmed I simply wait it out and then resume slinging hatchets. Thus, since I am not closing to melee distance, does it follow that the Feeblemind effect does not happen??

BTW ~Throwing Axes ['Franciscas'] was one of the decisive specialties of the Frankish Infantry forces of Charles Martel that defeated the Moorish Saracens in the battle of Tours/Poitiers 732C.E. even though they [the Franks] had no Heavy Cavalry capability. Their tactic was to open battles with a disciplined barrage of such missiles aimed at the feet of opponents so that the bounding double-headed axes would whirl with devastating effect underneath leading edge Shield Walls.