Skip to content

Heart of winter starting items

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do remember that in the non enhanced edition of the game whenever you started a new game in the expansion you would start at around level 10 and have a selection of class appropriate items from the vanilla game.
I'm talking about freshly made characters here, no premades or exported ones.

In EE you seem to only get 500,000xp at the beginning of HoW, no items.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    The original started off with a quarterstaff only, while the Enhanced Edition starts with nothing (while the Enhanced Edition also starts off with more gold to purchase weapons and armour, and a higher starting level).

Also the EE lets you buy helms from the town cleric. The original didn't have helms available anywhere in town.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do remember that in the non enhanced edition of the game whenever you started a new game in the expansion you would start at around level 10 and have a selection of class appropriate items from the vanilla game.

I think you are remembering the pre made team that came with HoW, they starting around level 10 or so, and came with a whole bunch of items, one of them I am remembering is the bathed in blood plate mail
  • ElvenbladeElvenblade Member Posts: 21
    I guess you're right. It would've been a nice feature, though.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,076
    sarevok57 said:

I think you are remembering the pre made team that came with HoW, they starting around level 10 or so, and came with a whole bunch of items, one of them I am remembering is the bathed in blood plate mail
    More notably, that team had items not normally obtainable with Heart of Winter installed, such as the Morning Star of Action +4 and the Ring of the Warrior Thief.