Skip to content

#11731 Cleric / Thief should be able to hide in shadows via the thief controlled script

molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
edited February 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
After importing a BG1-character that used the 'thief controlled'-script in BG2 hiding in shadows with the same script doesn't work anymore. With the script you can switch between permanently searching for traps or permanently hiding. Trap searching works fine, but when I switch to hiding the text says that hiding is now activated, but it actually does nothing. I've seen this several times with different characters, one of them is attached.

This might actually be a BG1-bug or my installation might be somehow broken. On both games the latest patches and no mods are installed.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Start new game with the attached character
2. Activate Thief controlled script
3. Switch script mode with 'd' to hiding
4. See what happens

If that character-file could be repaired to work properly in BG2, I would appreciate that too, obviously.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @molloy with the game closed find your scripts folder and rename thief0.bs to something like thief0.bs.bak. Then replace it with the unzipped content of this file, start the game and see if it works.

Could you namedrop me here please with the result.
    Thanks
  • molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
    edited February 2015
    @Gate70 Unfortunately there is no change.

I just rolled a new Cleric/Thief in BG2 and there the script is working fine.
    I really think, it has something to do with exporting/importing. I had seen the same thing a while ago and could repair it be deleting some strange effect with the EEKeeper (in the chr-file). Since then the EEKeeper stopped working properly and the current one doesn't run at all (as Wineskin on a Mac), so I can't try this again.
  • timortistimortis Member Posts: 2
    I registered just to post that I'm having this same problem. Imported from bg:ee, character doesn't hide with the thief controlled script active, exactly as described.
  • timortistimortis Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    @Gate70

So this is just me making a guess, but I downloaded eekeeper and opened my chr file, and I see that there's a Local Variable called RR#HIDE and if I'm understanding correctly, this is for the AI script? Is it possibly the case that this is the game timer, and when this value gets exported the script in BG2 bugs out because the game timer is different?

Edit: Deleting the local variables from the CHR file by eekeeper seems to fix the problem. There were 3, RR#HIDE, RR#THFS, RR#THFA, and some googling told me these were AI Script variables.

By the way, when I imported the character into a fresh BG:EE game, the same problem with the AI hide not functioning also happened, so this is not a problem specific to BG2:EE. I'm guessing the script checks for the global timer to see if it's OK to hide, but because the timer value gets exported with the character, in a new game, it doesn't work right?
    Post edited by timortis on
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Those variables aren't something I know about, so I can't advise. I have added a link on the ticket to this thread with a comment about imported characters.
  • AceldianAceldian Member Posts: 5
    Hello all,

Just wanted to report a similar story regarding an imported halfling assassin using the thief controlled script. Used the same script in BGEE, but after importing into BG2EE it stops. It seems to work fine for detecting traps, but as soon as I toggle hide in shadows, it ceases to function. Yes, the AI is on.
  • antimatter3009antimatter3009 Member Posts: 24
    Same thing happened to me with an elf assassin, but deleting the RR# variables with eekeeper did fix it.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,024
    Do you have the Rogue Rebalancing mod installed? It uses RR a lot as an abbreviation.