Skip to content

Quick question about the upcoming patches.

I know too much detail can't be released, but the upcoming patches for BGEE 1+2 will update them to include the new SoD features correct? For example Shaman will become a usable class in BG2. Basically the entire enhanced trilogy including SoD will be on "level ground" feature-wise?

Just pre-ordered and looking forward to the end of the month. :)

Comments

• LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    That is what they have said they'd do. Any UI changes will be included in the patch for all the games and any changes such as class likewise carries over.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    AFAIK it isn't clear whether the Shaman will be included in the BG:EE patch or not. The new class is listed as a "key feature" of the expansion, which could mean you won't be able to play a Shaman without buying SoD. If that's the case, I don't know what it means for BG2:EE.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    @Kilivitz It's benn clear the Shaman will be included into the BGEE patch.

According to one of Trent's tweets, players will get the chance to play as a Shaman from Candlekeep to ToB.

Anyway, I recommend to check https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/40963/baldurs-gate-siege-of-dragonspear-previously-known-as-the-adventure-y-project#latest - I've tried to gather all known facts there.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Now the question we might ask is:
    Will shaman be a true, worthwhile class, or like in NWN2, some kind of druid, but worse than druid?
    I trust beamdog will have made the kit interesting, they have not been disappointing so far.
  • JiveOneJiveOne Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2016
    Thanks for the responses. I know in NWN2 the Spirit Shaman's abilities relied on creatures tagged as "spirits", but in the OC at least many lacked that tag rendering the class a bit useless. I believe for BG they're modifying it to be more summons-based which will be awesome.
  • ValamirCleaverValamirCleaver Member Posts: 184
    @JiveOne If memory serves me correctly; Spirit Shaman was not added to NWN2 until the release of the first expansion, Mask of the Betrayer. I believe that would explain why in the OC why there was an absence of creatures with the "spirit" tag.