Skip to content

iTunes file sharing for iOS version, save game

UcarenyaUcarenya Member Posts: 3
I'd like to use different device while on-the-run or at home and I'd like to continue my game of BG, BG2 or Icewind Dale. On iOS 8.3 application needs iTunes file sharing enabled to transfer files. I think this is do-able and reasonable. So that we can have a handy game console while moving but enjoy ipad at home.

Comments

• RabidBenjaRabidBenja Member Posts: 1
    I second this request. Please enable file sharing.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    I can't find the thread, but I remember a comment from @Dee that Apple would not allow the dialog.tlk file to be stored in Documents (the only user-accessible directory tree in an iOS app package) since it is not a "user file".

It's different from app settings or DLC because Apple puts rules on how the directory structure in an .app package can be used. App settings should be stored in Library. User-accessible files go into Documents.

https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/FileManagement/Conceptual/FileSystemProgrammingGuide/FileSystemOverview/FileSystemOverview.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40010672-CH2-SW2
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ShokkShokk Member Posts: 2
    Still no progress on this? Please enable game saves export through iTunes file sharing.
  • BomburBombur Member Posts: 7
    +1 for this too. When I get a new iPhone/iPad, what can I do about my save files?

If iTunes File Sharing is not allowed, how about iCloud saving at least?
  • alium369alium369 Member Posts: 1
    +1

Super annoying to have this app on both Mac and iPad and not be able to move games across. All of the previous methods to move games do not seem to work anymore.
  • e_s_wilsone_s_wilson Member Posts: 2
    +1 +1 +1 +1

THis would be a really really great feature....in fact the only reason I shelled out the $10 for the iphone version - very disappointed to find that save games can't be transferred to iphone.

Beamdog/Overhaul developers --- I would happily shell out extra if this was an in app purchased, and/or be willing to pick up iphone versions of icewind dale as well......just saying, if you want more of my $$......