Dorn
Baeloth
Glint
Corwin
Voghiln
M’Khiin

Ill make it look nicer later but im playing SoD atm :smile:
Also thank you @Aedan for the list!

Incomplete list of NPC locations thanks to @Ammar.
Didn't want to spoil myself until a few playthroughs so ill just link the comment here for the moment.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/733747/#Comment_733747

Updated List as suggested:
-Added Unknown Character list
-Added Companions Alignment , Race and class to Companions missing it.
-Added extra disclaimers (will contain minor spoilers)
-Separated 100% know characters and characters seen but not confirmed
-Updates: Added Garrick, Shar-Teel, Tiax, Kivan, Viconia and Coran.

----------
Information on what this list is for and reasons why some Companions wont be in Sod. (Minor Minor Potential Spoiler):

To clarify for people reading what this list is for. There is going to be a a small scene or intro area at the start of BG:SoD where you can bring any Companions with you in your party from the end of BG:EE. Then due to time constraint limitations, being unable to find some voice actors, or those npcs having to be somewhere else to continue the lore/story of BG2. Certain characters will make an excuse of why they need to leave the party to do other things. It will all be in character dialogue and we have been told it wont be jarring or out of place. At least that's the information we have been given in the last few dev streams. They explain it better in the dev streams but you get the picture.

So what the list is for is at the top are the Companions seen in SOD, and also which Companions are confirmed not to leave after the intro area and will stay with you though SOD. And the not included are the ones known to leave for reasons explained at the bottom. All the other characters that are not listed are unknown if they will be staying in the party or leaving so until we get more information I left them off both lists.

----------
Companions Seen in the live streams but not confirmed past starting area.* (Please read disclaimers at the bottom for detailed information)
Name: Alignment - Race - Class
Skie Silvershield:* True Neutral - Human - Thief
Garrick:* Chaotic Neutral - Human - Bard
Coran:* Chaotic Good - Elf - Fighter/Thief
Tiax:* Chaotic Evil - Gnome - Cleric/Thief
Viconia DeVir:* Neutral Evil - Drow / Dark elf - Cleric
Imoen:* Neutral Good - Human - Thief

100% Confirmed Below:
Safana: Chaotic Neutral - Human - Thief
Khalid: Neutral Good - Half-Elf - Fighter
Jaheira: True Neutral - Half-Elf - Fighter/Druid
Edwin Odesseiron: Lawful Evil - Human - Conjurer
Dynaheir: Lawful Good - Human - Invoker
Minsc: Neutral Good - Human - Ranger
Boo:* Miniature Giant Space Hamster - Butt-Kicker

The new/newer Companions are also available (100% confirmed) also as a bonus have added there Npc Quest status for SOD.
Rasaad yn Bashir: Lawful Good - Human - Monk: (No personal quest)
Neera: Chaotic Neutral - Half-Elf- Wild Mage: (Has own quest)
Dorn Il-Khan: Neutral Evil - Half-Orc - Blackguard: (very minor minor quest)
Baeloth Barrityl: Chaotic Evil - Drow - Sorcerer: (No personal quest)
Newer Companions:
Captain Schael Corwin: Lawful Good - Human - Archer (Smaller Personal Quest)
Voghiln the Vast: N/A - Human - Skald (Cut quest, maybe added later in patch)
M’Khiin Grubdoubler: True Neutral - Goblin - Shaman (Has own quest)
Glint Gardnersonson: N/A - Gnome - Cleric/Thief (Has own quest)

----------
Characters Not able to come with you.
Xzar: Chaotic Evil - Human - Necromancer (Confirmed)
Kivan: Chaotic Good - Elf - Ranger (Confirmed)
Montaron:* Neutral Evil - Halfling - Fighter/Thief (Assumed)
Shar-Teel Dosan:* Chaotic Evil - Human - Fighter (Hinted at, no confirmation)

----------
All Other Companions are unknown if they will be in or not unless I missed them. Ill update the information if anyone points it out.

Currently Unknown Status:
Ajantis Ilvastarr: Lawful Good - Human - Paladin
Alora: Chaotic Good - Halfling - Thief
Branwen: True Neutral - Human - Cleric
Eldoth Kron: Neutral Evil - Human - Bard
Faldorn: True Neutral - Human - Druid
Kagain: Lawful Evil - Dwarf - Fighter
Xan: Lawful Neutral - Elf - Enchanter
Yeslick Orothair: Lawful Good - Dwarf - Fighter/Cleric
Quayle: Chaotic Neutral - Gnome - Cleric/Illusionist

----------
Disclaimers/Information
* Note not all are 100% confirmed some I assume are in/not in based in seeing them in streams or the devs talking about them. As there is a starting area of SOD that all Companions can enter before they leave for various reasons im unaware if we have been show Companions in that area.
* The Alignment and class are also assumed based on what they are in BG:EE. Some DO have abilities score changes as confirmed in one of the dev streams.
* Boo is as far as I know not a playable Companion.

Break down of reasons why Companions are in the lists they are. (Some may see this as spoilers)
-Baeloth is confirmed as he has been said to have conversations with M’Khiin a new npc in SoD. Also has been said he would have interactions with Viconia are various points in the story so Viconia is near confirmed.
-Tiax was shown on screen but never talked to, they just teased it was him so have no confirmation if he is playable or just in the starting area.
- Skie, Garrick, Coran and Tiax have all been show in SoD live streams but no confirmation if they are in game. The area we seen them in could be the starting area also we have never seen them actually in the party.
-Also both Tiax and Shar-Teel names were mentioned off hand when the discussion of npcs who dont stick around but there was no 100% confirmation so it might have just been two random names they choice in the discussion.
-Im assuming Montaron isnt there due to Xzar being confirmed not to be a npc you can keep.
-Kivan was also 100% confirmed not to be coming along for this adventure.
- The 'Main' party of Khalid, Jaheira, Dynaheir and Minsc have been confirmed and show multiply times.
-Edwin has also been seen in some screen shots to be part of the party in SoD.
-While Imoen appears it is unknown if she is able to join the party. She may simply only show up during plot critical story moments. This isnt confirmed but it is speculated to be true.
- The new SoD npcs are obviously in and the old (newer to BG:EE) characters are also confirmed to be in SoD.
Post edited by 00zim00 on

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    something popped into my head as i read this thread. vicky and edwin and others were at the city in baldurs gate 2 for awhile. so unless this game has a time skip right before the ending we may have time issues.
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    edited March 2016

something popped into my head as i read this thread. vicky and edwin and others were at the city in baldurs gate 2 for awhile. so unless this game has a time skip right before the ending we may have time issues.

Edwin is a mage and cast Time Stop before SOD ;)

Tho interesting point, im sure they have already thought of that :smile:
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    IIRC Kivan was also mentioned during yesterdays stream to be one of the companions that have a reason for leaving your party after the prologue section of SoD. You might want to ad him. :smile:

IIRC Kivan was also mentioned during yesterdays stream to be one of the companions that have a reason for leaving your party after the prologue section of SoD. You might want to ad him. :smile:

Thank you, added :smile:
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Useful! Also, I remember hearing that some companions would leave the party after a time.
    Abel said:

Useful! Also, I remember hearing that some companions would leave the party after a time.

Yep that's correct, there is going to be a a small scene or intro area at the start of BG:SOD where you can bring any character with you in your party. Then due to time constraints or being unable to find some voice actors certain characters will make an excuse of why they need to leave the party to do other things. It will all be in character and wont be out of place. At least that's the information we have been given in the last few dev streams. They explain it better in the dev streams but you get the picture.

So what the list is for is the included characters at the top are the ones who wont leave after the intro area and will stay with you though SOD. And the not included are the ones known to leave for whatever reasons. All the other characters that are not listed are unknown if they will be staying in the party or leaving so until we get more information I left them off both lists.
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    I assume due to story constraints we would lose anyone not in the canon party who makes an appearance in BG2. They all have backstory to fulfill before we meet them again. I just hope we get some real solid story reasons for the absences. I more or less hate the canon party
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Not so: Safana is an SoD companion and makes an appearence in BG2.

I assume time (a couple of weeks at least) passes after the end of SoD, whist the protagonist is transported to Amn and then languishes in the dungeon.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    00zim00 said:

Yep that's correct, there is going to be a a small scene or intro area at the start of BG:SOD where you can bring any character with you in your party. Then due to time constraints or being unable to find some voice actors certain characters will make an excuse of why they need to leave the party to do other things. It will all be in character and wont be out of place. At least that's the information we have been given in the last few dev streams. They explain it better in the dev streams but you get the picture.

So what the list is for is the included characters at the top are the ones who wont leave after the intro area and will stay with you though SOD. And the not included are the ones known to leave for whatever reasons. All the other characters that are not listed are unknown if they will be staying in the party or leaving so until we get more information I left them off both lists.

Thanks for clearing that up. Do you know if all the SoD 'compatible' companions be available at start? Or do some need to be imported from BG?
    I think it was the last stream that they said you can import them from BG. But if you start a new game for example at the start of SOD you will be given either a full set of 'Evil' alignment companions or a party of 'Neutral' companions based on your own characters alignment. I assume a good alignment will also give you the Neutral ones.

As for whos in the party I dont know. Also I have seen a brief scene of an house (last dev stream 22min in) where you can reacquire Skie. So im assuming you should be able to pick up all the other characters in towns/adventuring without first importing them if they are not in your starting party.
    edited March 2016
    Update: For anyone who didn't notice. Added Garrick, Shar-Teel, Tiax, Kivan, Viconia and Coran to the lists.
    i don't think Quayle will be going with us either. he has to adopt aerie and start his circus.
  • downloaddownload Member Posts: 25
    Besides characters that have a lot to do between BGI and II (Quayle, Faldorn), characters who've hit the end of their arc will probably be excluded. Xzar and Montaron's assignment is finished, Kivan's wife is avenged, so presumably Xan is going back to Evereska where it's safe. Ajantis is another potential departure- he'll probably want to go achieve full Paladinhood or whatever down in Amn.
  • SvarSvar Member Posts: 157
    I think it's worth noting that while Imoen is definitely in the game, it doesn't look like she will be a joinable companion. She seems to be very important to the plot, as it appears that she can be with you and talk to you at important moments without being in your party. Also, the times when the "default" good party is shown, Safana is present instead of Imoen.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    Svar said:

I think it's worth noting that while Imoen is definitely in the game, it doesn't look like she will be a joinable companion. She seems to be very important to the plot, as it appears that she can be with you and talk to you at important moments without being in your party. Also, the times when the "default" good party is shown, Safana is present instead of Imoen.

Really? But isn't Imoen captured with you? A shame if she doesnt join SoD. Perhaps it is to dual class her off-screen? We will find out in a month I guess :-)

I always hoped that her turning into a mage would be part of the main quest line. Its always been a question, at least in my mind, how that came about.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    I was gonna start a BG:EE play through where I dual her to prepare for SoD, while she learned with Dynaheir or whoever mage was in the party, but I guess I will wait to see what happens.

I play on the iPad anyway, so that should give me at least another month after March 31st :-)
    edited March 2016
    Whist Coran appears in the live stream, wasn't it only Safina who will join the party?

Also, I know Skie appears, but is it confirmed that she can actually be a party member?

I think an additional category is needed: has a role to play in SoD but is not a controllable party member.
    edited March 2016
    MacHurto said:

Really? But isn't Imoen captured with you?

None of the characters who are captured with you are actually "in your party" at the time.
    Fardragon said:

Whist Coran appears in the live stream, wasn't it only Safina who will join the party?

Also, I know Skie appears, but is it confirmed that she can actually be a party member?

I think an additional category is needed: has a role to play in SoD but is not a controllable party member.

Im not sure thats why i added the little * disclaimer at the bottom.

"* Note not all are 100% confirmed some I assume are in/not in based in seeing them in streams or the devs talking about them. As there is a starting area of SOD that all Companions can enter before they leave for various reasons im unaware if we have been show Companions in that area."

i just assumed people would read that and know its not guaranteed 100% accurate. Can you suggest a different way to present it? Thing is its all conjecture mostly either way until we can get confirmation from Beamdog.
    * Confirmed party members;
    * Confirmed as in SoD beyond the prologue, but may not be party members;
    * Confirmed as not in SoD beyond the prologue;
    * Status unknown.
    The problem is as your probably aware In one of the dev streams they have already confirmed every NPC to be in the SoD 'prologue' :/ . So this would basically make the entire list besides the cannon party from being in the seen in SoD but still dont know list.

So to address this im going to add extra '*' next to character names for which we are not 100% sure on and format it better. Ill also add a disclaimer for Imoen as Svar suggested which I think is a good idea. And just to make it complete will also added a list for the unknown characters so people can see those if they want. Im also thinking I might add a detailed list of the reasons why or why not npcs are known/unknown to be companions in SoD.

So unless im wrong the only 100% confirmed characters are Khalid, Jaheira, Minsc, Dynaheir, Edwin and Safana plus the newer npcs Neera, Rasaad and Dorn. We have seen all those companions being played. Actually im not sure where I heard or saw Edwin but im pretty sure he was in.

(might be spoilers for people who didnt watch the live stream)

Some im not sure about is even know we havnt seen Baeloth actually in the party they said he would return and would have interactions with Viconia. If this is just in prologue I dont know. But it does sound like there were referring to both of them conversing with drow are various points in SoD so im pretty confident they are in.

Tiax was shown on screen but never talked to, they just teased it was him so have no idea if he is playable or just in the starting area.

In fact on further reflection most of the not 100% confirmed companions that we have seen but didnt actually see join the party look to be in the enhanced Baldurs Gate city area so perhaps all those character who are there can not join but thats just speculation. eg: Skie, Garrick, Coran and Tiax

Im assuming Montaron isnt there due to Xzar being confirmed not to be a npc you can keep. Also both Tiax and Shar-Teel names were mentioned off hand when the discussion of npcs who dont stick around but there was no 100% confirmation so it might have just been two random names they choice in the discussion. Kivan was also 100% confirmed not to be coming along for this adventure.

I think thats everyone besides the unknown companions, So before I update it does that sound right to you or am i missing something?
    edited March 2016
    Just need to ignore the prologue all together when discussing which characters are "in" SoD.

Baeloth is confirmed as 100% "in": he has interactions with M’Khiin Grubdoubler, who is not in the prologue.

We know from BP2 that Voghiln the Vast is NG.

We can be pretty confident that Corwin is LG (Flaming Fist = Law + Ranger = Good), and Glint Gardnersonson CG (deity). I would be very surprised if M’Khiin Grubdoubler isn't NE.

The thing I notice is that evil is a little short on front liners, with Dorn the only one. (Okay, Viconia is passable, with a good AC and buffs).
  • SaulerSauler Member Posts: 100
    Montaron seems to be captured by harpist organization if you remember story development in baldur's gate 2 and Xzar is searching him xD
  • AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    Is Imoen confirmed as a party member? Safana's been heavily promoted as a party rogue, but I'm not sure I wanna switch if Imoen's available.
    we don't know. she may be taken from us after the prologue for some reason and may not return to us until the very end right before the kidnapping.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Fardragon said:

I would be very surprised if M’Khiin Grubdoubler isn't NE.

She's True Neutral. In one of the last live streams they showed her stats very briefly.
  • Axl_KrowAxl_Krow Member Posts: 69
    edited March 2016
    Man, it's very disappointing that Kivan is among the list that can't be taken for the entire ride.

He better get a good death scene, or something. Him just going "Hey, I have something to do" and leaving, never to be seen again in BG2, sounds very anti-climatic.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862

Charname and co also spends some time in Athkatla before BG2 starts.