Skip to content

Collector's Edition Box

Comments

• KelvrynKelvryn Member Posts: 44
    At $173US converted into Canadian+Duty charge, It will probably be over $200 for me. I hope you guys appreciate me buying this...lol Its one of the most expensive Collector's editions I've bought. SWTOR is the first at $299CAN

March has been one hell of a month for game releases. I am so broke...lol 3 Cheers for brothers with credit cards!!...lol
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    Just continuing to be the 'glass is half empty guy', I've had to deal with alot of missing post where I live, so an option for the item to be trackable (assuming it's not) would have been nice.
    I live in a moronic postcode with house names instead of numbers - so of course, you've got more than one house with the same name - and it's hard to find out in the country.
    Most of my post gets lobbed out the window by the drivers once they've given up, or signed for by other people. Even trackable orders can have the system fiddled.

I think that if you're gonna pay this much for an item with a limited quantity, I think it needs a signiture.
    ValamirCleaver
  • RaelonRaelon Member Posts: 17
    I guess total cost will be around 200 for me. I am curious though whether it is standard shipping for 45.
    It would suck big time if this package gets lost.. I think I would instabuy this if total cost was not so high, especially considering theres a chance this can get lost if this is without tracking.
    I always buy CEs of my favourite games and I would LOVE to own a CE of one of my all time favourites. But I am really torn on this one.
    ValamirCleaver
  • prairiechickenprairiechicken Member Posts: 149
    So it launches on 31? I guess gotta order before it is over. What is the deadline for the limited edition?
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    is it posibble to make more editions of the game, i mean cheaper ? for some fans like me, it's just to expensive. but i would love to get even just the map or something else
    isgorath1
  • TStaelTStael Member Posts: 861
    Objectively, this is "too" expensive, it feels! Especially the shipping costs to Europe; I really think that should be at cost, even if someone probably has to fill in some form or other for the eventual VAT.

However, I reminded myself how I indulged in a nice rose-quartz sautoir-style necklace from sales... for about 200... I admit it's nice workmanship, but still, it's only quartz. So I bit the bullet.

Must be Minsc-style shopping rationalisation. "Indulge but once, shame on me! Indulge twice - that's alright!"

To me, at least, it's also massively about my hopes of future projects, and implicitly supporting those with this one.

In view of the salty price, a suggestion: could you not throw in a T-shirt, for example with the original skull-logo, please? Arguably, wearing those would be act of promotion by us.
  • M0tanM0tan Member Posts: 61
    edited March 2016
    I wanted to order the CE, but the cost + the shipping to EU (+ taxing?!), would have been way too much.

That being said, I still wanted to reward Beamdog for their excellent work on all the EEs and mostly for keeping the franchise alive and bringing new content to BG world. So I went ahead and pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe edition, which is SoD + The Soundtrack of both BG & BGEE for $39.99.

Great job guys, keep it up!

P.S. Have you ever thought about financing any future projects on Kickstarter?
    ValamirCleaver
  • AltairAltair Member Posts: 128
    Voila, I just pre-ordered the Collector's Edition :-) Any idea on the dates we can expect to receive the package when shipped to an address in the USA ? Thanks!
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

So it launches on 31? I guess gotta order before it is over. What is the deadline for the limited edition?

The way I'm reading it, it's: "While supplies last."
    JuliusBorisov
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Correct. When we run out, that's the end of it.
  • aarionnaarionn Member Posts: 94
    I so want to order CE.

Just checked what additional charges I have to pay for it to ship to EU - Croatia.
    So my total costs would be
    (130$ game +45 shipping)*(1+(ca 25% VAT + 10% custom)= 236$....

damn :( almost 2x
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    BelgarathMTHgorgonzola
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited March 2016
    Just a guess, but I would think that Amazon gets deep discounts based on the huge volume of shipping that originates with them.

Edit: I decided to look around a bit and see if I could find shipping costs from smaller vendors. Quite a few, like Crutchfield or Autozone, simply don't ship outside of North America. The one I found, the Schlock Mercenary store, will ship a single softcover graphic novel for ~20 USD, so ~45 USD for a much larger box isn't totally out there.
  • aarionnaarionn Member Posts: 94

We did a lot of footwork on the shipping and the numbers are the best we could do. All the boxes are made in China and shipped to the USA, where they are held at a warehouse by our fulfillment partner. They are then individually boxed and shipped from that warehouse. We are still looking at other potential options, but at the moment those are the best numbers we've been provided.

Trent thank you very much for trying.

But the real problem for us from European Union is not that much the price of item or shipping. The biggest problems for us are customs and taxes which combined are 30% to 40% of the (item + shipping costs).

But even more, the real problem is that additional costs I would rather give to you. The fact that we have a real BG expansion coming out 20 years after game release is so huge! I do not know if people really realize what achievement this is. Because of this I would rather pay you 200$ plus shipping than to pay some stupid additional costs that exists in my country.

I supported Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 2, Torment and new Bard Tale by buying CE edition of all and giving ca 250$+ per game. Lot of people did it because we wanted to support the producers that wanted to make crpgs of old.

Obsidian and Inxile managed to do shipping from the within EU so we backers from EU would not pay additional charges.

I know that it is probably not possible for you because of limited series of CE, but it would be nice if you could have made some amount of CE editions to be available from EU eve more expensive, but we would know that the money goes to you.

Nevertheless, although I will probable not order CE sadly, I already preordered digital copy of the game.

Thank you very much for your effort to make games like BG, IWD and I hope that we will see more games done by your studio.

Best,
    aa
    [Deleted User]lolien
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    I too need a physical copy. As in my life will not be complete without it. That said I am a Dane so everything imported from outside the UE over a value of 80$ will have a massive tax put on. They will take all my money and most likely my first born and repossess my house as well (Danish IRS are the ones who taught Sarevok and Irenicus how to be evil). Great bummer but I must decide if I pay or not. Really need a non CE for all us Europeans. I see I am not the only one.

And I might have a problem convincing my bf to spend this much on a game
    dunbar
    edited March 2016
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Well, I hear ya, but considering the cloth map comes with a $130 release of a Baldur's Gate game, I would expect it to be based on the game more so than on the PnP setting.
    Sure, I'd like it to be on there. But I'm careful not to give off the impression that I care too much about what's on a cloth map that comes in a box with a game. (But secretly, I care tremendously! :hushed:)
    lolien
    edited March 2016
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I was just trying to be tongue-in-cheek about me secretly caring about the cloth map. So I get your point.
    Adullolien
  • dancingcrabdancingcrab Member Posts: 15
    Shandyr said:

So let me say this, I do care. Because I regard the cloth map as the fanciest bonus of the collector's edition.

So I'd like it to be like this:
    Either have Ulgoth's Beard AND Durlag's Tower both on their (wrong) ingame positions.
    Or relocate both of them to their correct PnP locations.

But leaving out Ulgoth's Beard while letting Durlag's Tower stay at its wrong location seems strange to me.

Although I doubt it is something they can change now, I will throw in my vote with you. I would much prefer that these (admittedly minor) issues were fixed, as the map is a big draw for me.
    [Deleted User]
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    I decided to get it. :wink:

Call me a sucker.
    Ravenslight
  • AKrugBierAKrugBier Member Posts: 110
    edited March 2016
    Has the CE been sold out?

Whenever I try to buy it via PayPal, PayPal says "This transaction is invalid. Please return to the website of the merchant and complete the transaction via the regular process".
  • PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    Shandyr said:

AKrugBier said:

Has the CE been sold out?

Whenever I try to buy it via PayPal, PayPal says "This transaction is invalid. Please return to the website of the merchant and complete the transaction via the regular process".

I'd rather think that's PayPal messing with you. Sometimes it does that.
    Yep, that sounds like a PayPal issue. That happened to me when I attempted to purchase from my iPhone via PayPal. I tried again later from my desktop and voila.
  • AKrugBierAKrugBier Member Posts: 110
    Yeah, it actually was a PayPal issues. Had to remove the cookies. Everything's fine now.

Can't wait for the CE!
    JuliusBorisovlolien