Skip to content

Once Upon a Time (Tv show) - Welcome to Storybrooke! Spoilers if you haven't watched latest episode

2»

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Shandyr, I've been wondering what was up with OuaT. I very much enjoyed watching Galavant season two, but I don't want it in place of OuaT. Both, please.

I'm glad OuaT is back tomorrow, and thanks for the heads up! :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    So, I watched the first new episode of the Spring season the other night.

Personally, I loved it.

An adventure in the Underworld. Cool beans. At the ending, I did kind of wonder what the blue flaming hair on the devil, or maybe it was Hades, was all about. I couldn't find any answers online, other than some reviewers also saying "Wtf was up with that silly blue flaming hair?"

Then, I remembered that this show is all about Disney, and that there is a very old, obscure Disney animated movie called "Hercules", which includes the Greek gods as characters. Lo and behold, I found this:

Here's the search I used, and you can click on the "Images" tab to find dozens of pics of him:
    https://www.google.com/#q=disney+hercules+hades&tbm=isch

So now, I'm wanting to find and watch the old "Hercules" Disney movie, to help me appreciate the newest OuaT big bad.

This show continues to increase my love for it with its awesome references to Disney IP's. BTW, how did Disney acquire rights to "Wizard of Oz"? I missed that one in entertainment news. :)
    edited March 2016
    Here's Hades' villain's production number from "Hercules":
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI9a9Yq6y1w

Searching YouTube for "Disney Hercules Hades Scenes" brings up a lot more, if you want more of him.

Clearly, the OuaT actor playing him was channeling the original actor, and relishing the fun of it. I look forward to seeing more of him.
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    I think you are right @BelgarathMTH . If you saw the preview for next weeks episode Hercules is in it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • SanctiferSanctifer Member Posts: 104
    Oh my, a OUAT thread...

Once Upon A TIme is a show I love to hate and hate to love :3
    I watch it in shame, I scream at my screen, I mock, I try to sum up the story to my boyfriend and everytime I find how RIDICULOUS that whole show is...

And still I watch it

(never finished season 5 though, the Hades thing, watched half of it but then... I forgot I guess ? It really was too boring at that point)