Skip to content

Let's discuss the Steam Achievements

2»

Comments

• LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    I wonder if they plan to add the achievements to their own beamdog client, where I bought both my games...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Well, according to several developers' answers (https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/42448/trading-beamdog-version-of-bg-ee-to-steam and https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/36348/transfer-game-to-steam) it's possible for players to swap their Beamdog version of the game for the Steam version.

But it would be cool if the Beamdog's version could somehow include achievements so that it didn't lose something the Steam version can boast.

Although I can't imagine how achievements could work in the Beamdog's version.
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    so the TLDR version is These are Steam only achievements? AND there not working right now?

If we bought our game from Beamdog directly can we still get these achievements by adding to the steam client when it launches?
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    These companies know how to make money off me. I have it from Beamdog, but just bought BGEE from Steam because of these nifty achievements.
  • AronAron Member Posts: 94
    edited March 2016

These companies know how to make money off me. I have it from Beamdog, but just bought BGEE from Steam because of these nifty achievements.

@CoM_Solaufein - You can get a Steam product key from Beamdog if you say you already bought the game. Saves you from double buying the game.
  • prairiechickenprairiechicken Member Posts: 149
    I believe that achievements are cheap way to create content that isn't there. But I am not against them either, as there is no reason not to have those.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Aron said:

@CoM_Solaufein - You can get a Steam product key from Beamdog if you say you already bought the game. Saves you from double buying the game.
    Well that's nice to know, already bought BG from Steam.
    Looks like you need this version 2 beta or whatever it is for the achievements to kick in.
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    How do you get Grandmastery in BG1 without bending the rules?
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    bleusteel said:

Should be possible to get once SoD hits I'm guessing.
    illathid said:

bleusteel said:

Should be possible to get once SoD hits I'm guessing.
    I thought about that but Beamdog's got a contest going for those that collect all of the achievements and its prior to SoD's release. Kinda weird.

And I think SoD will have its own achievements?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    SoD will have its own achievements. As for Grandmastery, the Black Pits adventure has a higher experience point cap that may allow you to reach Grandmastery.
    bleusteelJuliusBorisov
    Dee said:

SoD will have its own achievements. As for Grandmastery, the Black Pits adventure has a higher experience point cap that may allow you to reach Grandmastery.

Thanks Dee! I guess I'll have to hit the Pits again!
  • FreykaFreyka Member Posts: 1
    bengoshi said:

Also, it's unclear how the "Flying Solo" achievement could be transferred to BGEE, since Imoen joins the party automatically.

I shot an arrow at Imoen ,before she could initiate the joining dialog, just to be sure.

KrotosJuliusBorisov
    There is no way, AFAIK, to keep Imoen from joining in SoA. Doesn't seem to matter, I dismissed her right away and was still able to get the Solo Achievement.
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    Pantalion said:

I'm pretty ambivalent towards achievements in general (though I confess I've done pretty much all the things in this list), but just to mention that you can avoid Imoen in BG1 by immediately moving south off the map, or killing her on sight because you killed her in Candlekeep, so she must be a doppelganger.

They're all doppelgangers.

Durlag's curse strikes again.
    Krotos
  • VreejackVreejack Member Posts: 60
    Imoen joined me briefly before I dismissed her and I still got the achievement.
    JuliusBorisovKrotos
  • RamiellRamiell Member Posts: 58
    Silly question but where to find the list of my achievements ? Can't see it anywhere ingame or steam...
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Ramiell, My list is under my Library>Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition tab. There's a progress bar right under the name of the game, and it has a button underneath the progress bar that says "Show all achievements." Clicking that takes me to my full list.

Spoiler tag shows the screenshots:

JuliusBorisovCvijeta
  • ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    In my game the "Murder Incarnate" achivement just triggered. Checking the protagonists character sheet he had only 456 kills. Is it really intended that that achivement counts all killed enemies of the entire party instead of the Bhaalspawn alone who is the only one having a connection to the god of murder?
  • ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    The "An Ancient Evil" achievement seems not to work properly. After defeating Aec Letec I noticed that there was another cultist left hidden under the stinking cloud spell of my party - which meant that the demon took over his body and I lost the continued battle. Despite that I got the achievement...
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    anyone else have an issue where all the achivments after beating sendai just would not unlock?
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I think that Steam has achieved a lot so far.
    gorgonzola
  • slymerslymer Member Posts: 1
    I got the "Leave no Friend Behind" achievement even though Khalid and Yeslick died during the Sarevok fight.