Skip to content

Shamanic dance: Wouldn't it be awesome if...

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
I have been thinking of this for a while and am now going to share this idea with the rest of you. I would be especially interested in what the Devs (@Dee especially) think of this:

Wouldn't it be awesome if the shaman did random monk attack animations while using their shamanic dance? Monk attacks can easily look like a dance if you are imaginative enough, and I can't see that this would be too hard to implement (though I am not sure...). It would definitely look better than them just sitting there... What do the rest of you think?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    As long as the shaman doesn't dance as commoners from https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/48413/funny-baldurs-gate-video-from-youtube#latest, it'll be fine ;)
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited March 2016
    Oh... I just realized that monk attack animations probably only exist for the monk models, which are all humans, so this probably wouldn't work very well... Ah well...
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    Doesn't monk have a special sprite? You would have to assign that sprite to a shaman class, but it's only human and armorless IIRC.

@bengoshi: That would actually be more like it. :)
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Pecca Yeah, I realized that literally like 3 minutes after I made this thread and now I feel quite silly...
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    They could also randomly walk at the same spot during their dance. Doing the Disco Robo or a Moonwalk for instance is at least more entertaining to watch than seeing a paralyzed Pantomime. Maybe the Shaman could also do some drumming when players select the dance button like the Bard song ability's harp.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    Tresset that's all right, the idea of making them move somehow IS interesting.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Maybe random attack animations with their equipped weapons? Not constantly, but maybe every once in a while?
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    edited March 2016
    or doing the mages or clerics spell moves with their hands, but without (or with a special, subtle and long lasting or repeating) spell animation?
    like waving hands in the air, directing their summons.

mages would have the advantage there are sprites for all(?) races.
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    edited March 2016

Maybe the Shaman could also do some drumming when players select the dance button like the Bard song ability's harp.

And that *holy ahhh* when Turning Undead. .
    Yes, it's exactly what the dance now needs!
    @Dee! :grin:

EDIT: Also, creepy ghosts instead of animals when you're an evil Shaman :thumbup: