Skip to content

Mod compatibility

Hi, folks—

Apologies if this has already been covered (I searched, I promise!)...

I imagine, with the release of 2.0 and SoD, many, if not all, currently existing mods will have to be updated for compatibility. Have any modders been brought into this process in order to provide updates sooner than later, or should we count on all that stuff coming in the weeks following the official release?

Thanks for all the great work, everyone.
megamike15

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Dee
    Do the new patches for BGEE/BG2EE break mods compatibility?
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    if it is anything like the last two patches the override folder is going to be cleaned out and we are going to have to reinstall all our mods again.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    UI mods might be broken (I'm not sure if the new UI system supports old versions of the UI), but your other mods should still work fine. As @megamike15 points out, though, you'll need to reinstall them once the update is applied, since your dialog.tlk and override folder will be reset by the update process.
    LathspellguestAedan
  • LathspellguestLathspellguest Member Posts: 60
    Awesome, thanks!
    JuliusBorisov
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,174
    Dee said:

UI mods might be broken (I'm not sure if the new UI system supports old versions of the UI)

It doesn't. Pre-beta CHU files are ignored by the game. All GUI mods will definitely have to be updated.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    I just hope i won''t have to start a new game as i have one that stopped in preparation of the patch.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Grazie, @Dee, thank you very much for the answer!
    JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    mlnevese
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Unless you're absolutely sure about the mod install order you used. Then your chances improve a little.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    mlnevese