Skip to content

Should Shoal affect multiple party members? *spoiler*

bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
In my current run-through, Xzar was already dead when I had Xan kiss Shoal the Nereid. When she raised Xan, Xzar was also raised.

Is this a bug or intended? I never before tried having multiple dead party members in this situation.

Running the latest 2.0 Steam beta.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    It is a bug, report it :)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I think I remember hearing about this before, so I doubt it's something specific to the beta.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I looked it up and she has a special spell she casts which raises the entire party, sorta like Mass Raise Dead. I seriously doubt this is a bug. Neat fact for the Did you know? thread though...
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    It was probably easier to code that way than have it target a specific party member.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited March 2016
    While we're at it, can we just give her a special dialogue if the player is solo? Have the kiss only do 50% health damage perhaps?

I like to see that dumb red ogre mage sometimes.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    I have definitely had this surprise bonus in 1.3, so it is not a regression for 2.0. I suspect it goes all the way back to vanilla, and is kind of unusual to be wandering around with dead PCs at that point. I think I accidentally got 3 rezzes in my case, including the actual victim.
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    How about this, @Dee:

Is Shoal's kiss supposed to kill Charname under Story Mode? Cuz it does :-)

Don't judge me for running Story Mode! I'm trying to get all the 'chievements.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    My gut tells me yes, that's a plot death. But my Story Mode tells me no, you shouldn't die ever.

Does it kill other party members in Story Mode too?
    Yep, other party members die if kissed.

It's also game over if sirens charm everyone in the party.
    Aec'Letec can also kill Charname and party members in Story Mode.