Skip to content

#21679 Enemies should not follow invisible characters until they stop

ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
edited March 2016 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
I am not even sure how this happened. The enemies quite clearly went to the location of my character, the leader of the party in my MP game, and kind of just surrounded him. They clearly couldn't see and hit him, they just circled him and trapped him. I can't tell if it is a bug, but I can't think of how it happened.

Anyway, I don't have a good save for testing if you ask. I didn't think of it at the time. Did take a picture of the situation, though.image
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    they can still sniff you, no? :)
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    It's no wonder judging from the fact that there is not a single bathroom and only two toilets (at exposed locations) in the entire game.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    While I agree with @argent77 that this is likely unintentional, the game does distinguish between being able to see a creature and being able to detect it. The idea that a creature could hear, smell, or otherwise sense an invisible creature is entirely possible.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    i think that it should be fixed because it's inconsistent behavior. in some encounters it's like this and in others it isn't (speaking from experience).
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi
    Raised as a feature and see what happens.
    Thanks
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited March 2016
    I should remember to show up here more often. Thanks for the insights and laughs. Yeah, it just seemed inconsistent. Although it got especially hilarious because of the way they enclosed there and forced a confrontation! They were promptly incinerated and wilted away to allow me to get moving :)