Skip to content

NPC Stat Boosts

BanArdBanArd Member Posts: 60
All NPC's that transfered from BG1 to BG2 got stat shifts, except Imoen.

Jaheira: DEX 14 > 17 (!)
Minsc: DEX 15 > 16, CON 15 > 16
Viconia: WIS 15 > 18 (!)
Edwin: STR 9 > 10, WIS 9 > 10

While Edwin's and Minsc's stat boosts are minor and don't necessarily demand justifications, Jaheira and Vicky get increases that jump from average to exceptional levels. Do you think these stat gains are going to be explained during SoD?
Post edited by BanArd on

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I would consider that these changes were made because BG1 npc's had stat rolls between 79-89 total, while BG2 NPC's had better rolls. I hope they don't do anything that could unbalance npc's or explain these changes in some silly manner.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited March 2016
    I don't think these differencies are going to be explained because the developers are still looking into a possibility of tweaking these NPCs' stats in BGEE and BG2EE (and SoD) to make them identical (for example, changing BGEE stats into BG2EE ones for the continuity). We haven't heard the final word on the subject of this possible change (I can't find the exact quote on it but Dee commented about it in the Road to 2.0 forum).

Check players' ideas on it here - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/47867/musings-on-npc-continuity#latest