Skip to content

A new screenshot approaches!

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @agris This is what I've found using the widescreen mod as well. Though my screen supports 1920x1080, it makes the view too zoomed-out for my tastes, with characters and portraits being too small. Out of all the resolutions I've tried, I prefer 1280x720.
    neokarnyKnettgummiThe_New_Romance
  • mercyfulfate1988mercyfulfate1988 Member Posts: 43
    Where are the rest of mah screenshots!
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited September 2012
    @Paladin The most difficult part is to add a frame around the portraits, i think that i'll need to paint the frames on the panel, something like that :

The second problem is for edit the BAM (max 256 colors).
    Post edited by Kerozevok on
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    IMO, the backgrounds look amazing at higher resolution, but I would usually go for a compromise when using the widescreen mod to avoid super tiny text and character sprites... BGEE will hopefully offer the best of both worlds.
    Sophia
  • hexedhexed Member Posts: 8
    @agris is that screenshot from IWD2? I want that UI :O
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    hexed said:

No, its IWD 1, it indeed have a great UI!

• pklooppkloop Member Posts: 113
    mch202 said:

hexed said:

No, its IWD 1, it indeed have a great UI!

It has a lot of great things..really hope the team gets to EE the IWD's..if they can get the source art..WOOT :-)

KnettgummiBelgarathMTH
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    @Kerozevok
    Kerozevok said:

Definitely black empty spaces. '???' looks like you're playing "Clue" or something. :)
    Lemernis
    @Daylight can I use this one ????? O_O

Its beautiful!!
    Rhulqdahralish74Darksheer
  • DaylightDaylight Member Posts: 14
    eeeh.... for what? I'm sorry, my heads not really working at the moment. :)
  • RhulqdahrRhulqdahr Member Posts: 28
    @Daylight

IMO this is by far the best GUI suggestion I've seen in this topic. I'd only get rid of the second button that expands the dialogue/battle log, it's redundant.
    mch202LekianThe_New_Romance
    Daylight said:

eeeh.... for what? I'm sorry, my heads not really working at the moment. :)

I was just generally speaking, In other words I would prefer this one over the original-new GUI.. Its more vBG-ey
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    just to add my opinion to the rest of the same; i like blue color, but dislike combination with brown/gold.
    oversaturated, and not very harmonic choice of tones. portraits need borders.

some might say people will always criticize and that is true, but those seem to be complaints most people have voiced, so that is something to take into account. as for it being to aggressive, i think that depends on current background- no UI will be in perfect harmony with every background game can throw at you.

at first i was underwhelmed. today i liked it. go figure.
    edited September 2012
    My heads really not working at the moment. I take you meant it as a compliment.

Silly me. This is what happens folks, when you don't have enough beauty sleep...

Post edited by Daylight on
    @Daylight
    That looks really good!

Some of the details feel a tad too steampunk-y for what I associate with BG, but the quality is impeccable.
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited September 2012
    Knettgummi is right, I don't like the graphics you've used (but I bet plenty of us will) but the layout is great. The weirdly shaped portraits aren't so good.

Now combine that layout with BG1 HUD and it's epic.
    Daylight
    Ward said:

Can you be more specific about what graphics you didn't like? Did you only mean the portraits, the combat log graphics or something else? I would appreciate the feedback. :)

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited September 2012
    @Daylight Remove the edgings off the GUI and portraits and it's perfect. It doesn't need them. I still prefer the vanilla one though, it's just BG1's thing.

Also the chat log should be square not oval.
    @Daylight
    I love what you've done to the buttons, and the texture of the HUD is top notch.
    Daylight
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    So far, so nice :) i really like what i see here. Now.. Just release a 1920 x 1080 ingame scene screenshot and you would make many many people happy :D
    Knettgummi
  • GrayvieGrayvie Member Posts: 49
    edited September 2012
    Seeing how every man and his dog are offering UI improvement suggestions I also decided to chip in =)).

I love blueish tone this new UI has... always hated original with it's bland grey stone texture and cardboard cutout buttons. The only thing that I find needs improvement are borders between portraits. Here's my take on this:

And another one with the old selection marker:

I really don't see why thouse buttons on the lower right side should be that big... so I decided to go with BG2 way and place them side by side. I don't know what that magnifying glass button does so the 2 coupled together buttons could be differen depending on their functionality (You won't find yourself pushing the lantern button alot).

P.S.: You can rightclick on pictures and choose "open in a new tab" to see them in full resolution.
    CCarluNN
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    @Daylight Looks good to me.
    Rhulqdahr
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    @Daylight That's better than the official, I'm pretty sure about that. General impression is much greater, thought inactive icons still sucks.
    Flameguard27
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    The buttons are bigger for TOUCHSCREEN users on iPad and Android ;)
    GrandeC
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Just curious, have we seen a screenshot of 'zoomed in', vs. 'zoomed out'?