Skip to content

The most ridiculous stats you have rolled for a Baldur's Gate character?

14567810»

Comments

• DrayenDrayen Member Posts: 127
    i just rolled a 93 stats for my new cleric... thats the highest ive ever rolled, i almost thought 88 was the max.
    jackjack
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    Ardul said:

I once got my father to make a char in the original BG. After rolling three times on a paladin, he comes up with this roll:

18/00

I was flabbergasted to say the least :p

Didn't know it was possible to roll 101
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Its *technically* *possible* to roll a full 108, it would just take you an average of about a million years or so.
    I'm be interested in seeing the odds in terms of math for rolling a 75 compared to rolling a 108 then

I guess it varies for each race/class since the minimum values are different for each ability
  • marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    edited December 2013
    Classes with minimum values for attributes improve your chances of rolling higher, since if your natural roll falls below the mimimum, the game engine will artificially raise that stat to the minimum. This is particularly noticeable with a Paladin, which requires a high CHA score.
    jackjack
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Once rolled a 97 human fighter (inc Str 18/88) hoping to dual.. But I was so zoned out after clicking for 40 mins that I went right past it... Ended up "settling" for 90 after another hour. (Still pretty obscene, but the what-if bugged me throughout the play-through.)
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    edited December 2013
    The thing is though, that extremely high stat rolls only are marginally better than high stat rolls. Any fighter with 18 (9x), 18, 18 will be almost as good as a 97 stat one. For a mage the only essential stats are 16 con, 18 dex, 18 int and so on..

It is really mostly vanity to want a high rolls char (I am certainly guilty of it :P I hate having a stupid charname, regardless of class ^^).

Edit: with regards to fighters, you might even argue, that strength is of little importance, as there are a lot of strength enhancing items in the game.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Technically (as in according to 'Warriors and Priests of the Forgotten Realms'), Warriors from Candlekeep have a minimum Int and Wis requirement of 12. I sometimes enforce this for RP purposes.

Though the benefit for this is that in PnP they learn non-weapon profs far easier at Character Creation. Which is obviously useless in BG.
    jackjackmaerduinsemiticgoddess
  • CheryChocieCheryChocie Member Posts: 47
    edited December 2013
    @EnterHaerDalis according to Playithardcore, the odds of rolling a 108 are 1 in 5,431,084,533,885 (5 trillion, 431 billion, 084 million, 533 thousand 885). The odds of rolling a 75 would obviously be much lower since there's more ways you can do it but I don't know what they are.

The highest I ever rolled was a 94 on my current Wild mage, I was quite fortunate really, I wasn't rolling for very long. She has fairly ridiculous stats now because of the tomes from BG1:

Strength 15
    Dexterity 19
    Constitution 19
    Intelligence 19
    Wisdom 20 (She did have 21 but I took the penalty from the dream to Wisdom
    Charisma 8

I'm pretty sure when I get Wish I'll have some decent options most of the time with 20 Wisdom.
    KurumiEnterHaerDalis
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520

I'm pretty sure when I get Wish I'll have some decent options most of the time with 20 Wisdom.

Hehe.. yes.. you definitely will have :) .. with my current 21 Wis SD/Mage, I'm getting my favorite Wish ("Make it as if the entire party has just rested a full night and re-memorized all their spells.") on every second casting!!
    Rolled a 99 the other day with the auto roller but that doesn't really count
    Kurumi
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I rolled a 101 while creating a character in ToB, with the Race Modifiers slightly edited so they can imitate the tomes from BG1.
    STR 19
    DEX 19
    CON 16
    INT 19
    WIS 12
    CHA 16
    The character was a half-elf female Balde (Bard kit).

Rolled a 99 the other day with the auto roller but that doesn't really count

Why do you think that it doesn't count? I think it's as valid as clicking the button yourself.. and definitely better than CTRL-8 :) !!
    CrevsDaak
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    edited December 2013
    Samiel said:

I remember my first full play through of Baldurs's Gate after three attempts I rolled some amazing stats for a Paladin. Which is easier to do on a Paladin because you always get the class requirement minimum ie you will have a min Charisma 17, but despite that I managed:

Strength: 18/00
    Dexterity: 18
    Constitution: 18
    Intelligence: 11
    Wisdom: 16
    Charisma: 18

Which in turn meant that thanks to all the stat boosting tomes I imported into BGII looking like this:

Strength: 19
    Dexterity: 19
    Constitution: 19
    Intelligence: 12
    Wisdom: 18 (There were two wisdom boosting tomes if you know where to look!)
    Charisma: 19

Question is what are the best stats you've managed to roll, and how long did it take you? I'd also be curious to know what are the crappiest stats anyone has managed to finish the game on?

I thought theres 3 wisdom tomes?

Well either way, after bg1, my F/I has:

Strength: 19
    Dexterity: 19
    Constitution: 19
    Intelligence: 20
    Wisdom: 17 (There were two wisdom boosting tomes if you know where to look!)
    Charisma: 20

The 20 CHA is from Human Influence + CHA cloak, its actually like 5 :)
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    My highest natural roll was a 96 on either a Paladin or a Bard, I forget which.
    Yay.. even though I already rolled a 100 with the Autoroller by Freche before, I finally rolled a 100 without it now, too (just after 5 normal rolls) :)
    Shikao
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Posted this in the autoroller thread a couple of weeks back, I got 102 on my cleric/illusionist. The stats on the right are as they came up. That actually come up in the time it took for me to go downstairs and grab a snack, so five minutes maybe?

54w5.png 398.4K
  • fartvaderfartvader Member Posts: 1
    3rd roll on my 10th journey.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    The best character I rolled in my life is actually the one I'm playing right now and journaling in the No-Reload thread. Anselm the Blackguard.

I rearranged the stats to 18/44 18 18 18 13 18 during the character creation.

JuliusBorisov
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    As a no-reloader, I have learned that no amount of re-rolling will prevent me from doing something stupid later on, and ending an entire run.

But I re-roll anyway.
    GoturalJuliusBorisovSkarose
  • SkaroseSkarose Member Posts: 247
    With so much chaos, strife and evil in the Sword Coast, I think it's time for some Law, some Justice and goodness. I just rolled the all time baddest Paladin, Sorry Sarevok!

2gcl8zqlw6bx.jpg
    ArdulEnialusMeliamne
  • craymond727craymond727 Member Posts: 208
    @Skarose , is your Justice... Pale, perhaps? *winces*

Poor jokes aside, I don't think I've rolled over a 94 outside of the AutoRoller (97 for a Berserker->Druid). That was for my Blade, where I kept the game open for 3 days. IRL stuff kept getting in the way, and the RNG thwarted my efforts to get something above an 85.