Skip to content

What if Imoen became Witchypoo years after being tortured by Irenicus?

BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
edited March 2016 in Off-Topic
Hello, this is one of my famous cray-cray drunken posts, like this one:
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/47656/christmas-carol-the-musical-baldurs-gate-run-idea#latest

Most of you are so kind as to just ignore these when they make you say "Wut?", and you have no interest.

So, I was just playing around with Imoen in IWD. I started using the portrait you will see in the screenshots with the red cloak. And, I'm in the Severed Hand, shortly after she's gotten her thief skills back, currently at Thief 7, Mage 8.

And, against all the skeletal undead in there, she's not doing much good with her shortbow and arrows. But, I've found that she's surprisingly useful with the Staff of the High Summoner +3 and her pip in Quarterstaff she took while she was only a low-level mage.

And then, I got to looking at her with a red cloak and hood, the green High Summoner's Staff, and her witchy powers.

Now, I also often think of witches with a quarterstaff as using that quarter staff as their broom, or "vroom-broom", with which they can fly. That's why I often like to have a female sorcerer in MM6, using a staff, and wearing a pointy hat, as @bengoshi might appreciate. @BillyYank might also appreciate this Witcheepoo reference.

Also, the Staff of the High Summoner can double for both the "vroom-broom", and a wand, since it has such great item abilities.

So, back on the subject, I just saw Imoen as a young Witcheepoo, after being tortured by Irenicus, if she had "turned to the Dark Side" afterwards, and as "Wendy the Good Witch" from "Casper the Friendly Ghost" if she had resisted.

Here is Witchiepoo for those who have no idea what I'm talking about with this:
wdxdsxnkqf2w.jpg
95w2em01243b.jpg

And here's the wonderful "HR Puffinstuff" theme song that probably started my lifelong love of music:

EDIT: You will have to follow the link to YouTube to actually watch the video. It says "Playback on other sites has been disabled by the video owner". Must be a workaround to copyright restrictions.

Now, Witchiepoo especially fits Imoen's "thief-mage" theme, since she "had in mind the flute to snitch" from poor Jimmy.

But what if Imoen had resisted the urge to turn to the Dark after Irenicus? What if she had turned into "Wendy, the Good Little Witch", with her best friend, "Casper the Friendly Ghost"? We need only change Imoen's red hair to blonde to imagine this:
eeg1uobojxbp.jpg
wyq8qpn2ijrv.jpg
plpj7ae9cvt3.jpg

Here are the pictures of Imoen from IWD that got me started on this:
leik7z51n8tm.bmp
88zuwwk13kgw.bmpztv1g8liex1h.bmp

I have great fun with these kinds of posts. Thank you for your indulgence. Yes, this is actually how my mind works, even when sober. Getting drunk just removes my inhibitions against expressing my wildly crazy inner nature. ;)

P.S. - Also, according to my "Preview" button, the spoiler tags have stopped working again. So, I apologize if opening this thread has tanked your browser or device.

EDIT: Come to think of it, she could also be the future Mrs. Santa Claus with these features.
h0f4178o15yt.jpg
BillyYankHeindrichJuliusBorisov

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    edited March 2016
    Y'know I used that song as an example of how my knowledge doesn't compare to that of a bard, but thinking about it later, I realized just how bardic it is.

It contains information about 3 powerful magic items, a group of heroes and a villain.

"As we learn from The Lay of Puff'n'Stuff, the Golden Flute is a powerful, fully sentient artifact..."

To your point though, I don't see Imoen becoming Witchiepoo. WP is too loud and over-the-top. I'd see a dark side version of Imoen as more like Malefacent, operating from the shadows, pulling strings, gaining influence. Actually, kind of like Bohdi, which would make sense. Immy's soul actually spent time as Bohdi, so I could see her adopting that style. She could use her connections to become part of the thieves guild in BG or Athkatla and take over, then use that powerbase to expand her influence.

BTW, I drank two fingers of rum while answering this to get me properly into the groove.

BelgarathMTHJuliusBorisov
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @BillyYank , you know, speaking of bards, wouldn't Jimmy be one? You know, "Golden Flute" sentient artifact that only he can use, and all that.

As for Imoen and "over the top" behavior, I need to remind you of this:
    JuliusBorisov
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    edited March 2016
    So I heard on the BBC the witches broom myth actually came from people inserting drugs in their bodies using one. (Use your imagination)
    BelgarathMTH
    edited March 2016
    @FinneousPJ, umm, wow, okay, that's not where I intended to go with this.

(Searches "Witch's Broom History" on Google)
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Witch's+broom+history&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Geez, Louise, Dude, it looks like you're right. Humph.

I don't like it, as the whole image and idea of that kind of kills my buzz. So, I'll just file that info away under "Historical Curiosities Taught By Forum Members", and promptly repress the image from all my future "fun with witches".

I mean, honestly, talk about "killing the buzz" and spoiling everybody's fun with "Witch" RPG characters! :(

Yuck, hack, hack, cough, cough, clearing the palate, let's get back to fun, please.

Seriously, though, thank you for teaching me something new about the history of ideas. As a sober scholar, I'm grateful to have a new insight. As a drunk gamer, I'm just going "Ick, yewww, I did NOT want to go there with this..."
    FinneousPJ
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Sorry I thought it was pretty funny!
    BelgarathMTH
    @FinneousPJ , oh, it was absolutely fabulous, girlfriend, it just wasn't where I meant to go. Now I'm drunk enough to start laughing at the idea. LOL. And ROFL.

And I still thank you for the kernel of serious historical fact that you taught me.

But, I still wonder if anybody else in the world can see Imoen becoming either Witchypoo or Wendy.

(Staggers away and starts singing "Once upon a summertime, just a dream from yesterday...")

(After finishing, starts singing "In the middle of the summer in the middle of a park, there began a great adventure for a boy whose name was Mark...")

(Keeps dreaming that some delicious person like @Shandyr or some other young dude would actually find any of this interesting. Of course, that's only a fantasy, as young dudes will likely find this whole thread total nonsense. LOL)

(Then, keeps dreaming that somebody my own age like @BillyYank would turn out to be gay. Umm, nope. He's got a wife and kids, and is clearly straight.)

LOL.

(And then, upon waking up sober tomorrow morning, which happens to be Easter 2016, @BelgarathMTH asks his usual question after drunk posting, "What on earth was I THINKING? I sure hope I didn't alienate any friends!"

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+104:15&version=NASB
    https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes+2:24&version=KJV

Sigh. I'm SO happy right now. That's what vodka does for me.

And it makes me laugh with joy at my versions of Imoen, Witcheepoo, and Hoodoo. And the Kelsey Grammer version of the Ghost of Christmas Present. :blush:

Ah, how I love the maniacal laughter of the "villains" in stories! I've wanted to be that, along with the perk of being the most powerful character in the story, ever since Witcheepoo, Hoodoo, and Endora. And, oh yes, the good side of me wants to be the Ghost of Christmas Present. ;)

This is how my mind works, drunk, and soul bared. When I'm sober, nobody IRL knows this side of me. Probably nobody who reads this thread cares either, or else, they think I'm weird. But gods dammit, I have SO much fun and laughter in my life. And I don't need a single other person in my life than what people I need for work (violin/viola/cello teacher), or the occasional "thumbs up" from somebody here on this forum, to keep my joy going. ;)
    [Deleted User]FinneousPJJuliusBorisov
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    You just reminded me that Hoodoo was Charles Nelson Riley. Damn he was funny. It's only watching it now that we can appreciate all those snide asides that sailed right over our heads when we were kids.

Where have you gone Sid and Marty Kroft? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.
    BelgarathMTH
    edited March 2016
    @BillyYank , Yes!

I'm so glad someone else in the world "gets it" with the joy that Sid and Marty brought into this old world!

"Abundance, charity, good will towards men!" Especially the children of the future they envisioned in 1965-1980.

Even the villains were non-threatening and funny. And seemingly omnipotent and invulnerable, to a child. The seeds were sewn for the more teen, PG-13 version of the magic villain who fuels fantasies of omnipotence and immunity to the sins of adults against children and teens - Darth Vader and the Emperor.

I know from my own personal story that the fantasy of these "omnipotent" villains and heroes were what got me through a personal childhood "Hell" that the adults in my life put me through.

And, thanks to fantasies like Sid and Marty Kroft's, Harvey Comics' Casper and Wendy, Marvel and DC superheroes and villains, the "Six Million Dollar Man" and the "Bionic Woman", Lynda Carter's "Wonder Woman", reruns of Star Trek on TBS in the early days of the cable "superstations", and finally, Star Wars, I came through that hellish childhood with my capacity for joy intact, and no person on this earth can take it from me!

Take that, Eeyore! Bam, Biff, Pow, KO, Joker! And Riddler! And Penguin! Thank you, Wonder Woman! "Get us out from under, Wonder Woman!"

"Life, is glorious!"
    FinneousPJJuliusBorisov