Skip to content

A New Run

Any benefits to waiting for the 2.0 patch to start a new game before SOD, or are the tweaks to BGEE minimal, aside from the new class?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Well, I did notice that they changed the layout of the world map. If you want to see what they did you may want to wait until you get 2.0 before starting a new game. World map updates do not affect games in progress.
  • thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218
    The one biggest change I know about would be from a party perspective, though it's a nerf and not a benefit. Yeslick's innate Dispel Magic ability is being heavily nerfed, before it would Dispel all magic regardless of Yeslick's caster level or the other's caster level. It's being nerfed down where his ability now only casts Dispel Magic at Yeslick's caster level, being a multiclass it would be his Cleric level. Meaning his ability will never really be all that good anymore like it was before, making him less unique to take along cus a Fighter/Cleric in BG1 won't have too high of a caster level for those spells. So if you ran a good party and relied on Yeslick for being the spellcaster in the party who also dispelled enemy protections/buffs, he will be much less effective at it now.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @thelovebat Such things can be easily fixed with simple files in an override folder. I have been known to take requests...
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    jedediah3 wrote: »
    Any benefits to waiting for the 2.0 patch to start a new game before SOD, or are the tweaks to BGEE minimal, aside from the new class?

you can still kick in the beta-patch and basically play 2.0 with minimal bugs who don't disrupt game play.