Skip to content

Shar-teel instant level ups.

DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
So my party out lvl ~5's gone to grab shar-teel since i want to dualcalss CHARNAME to mage at lvl 6 and she makes a nifty fighter thief. to replace him while he is a pure mage.

Dorn planted her face with a single hit , she joined the party and i paused to check her level and dual, she was lvl 2 the minimum you get her , i was happy , dualed and suddenly ...roooms 16000 free xp as Thief... instant lvl 5.

don't get me wrong im not complaining , even reloaded and double checked if i don't dual her she gets those xp as fighter after 2-3 seconds, just wanted to make sure its not a bug. but a script weakness in matching her level.

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited March 2016
    It is not a bug. It is a new feature. Every time a new NPC joins your party, she/he will be at level 1, but with an amount of XP basing on your party level. This will give you the chance to customize his/her skills and weapon proficiences.
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    Aedan wrote: »
    It is not a bug. It is a new feature. Every time a new NPC joins your party, she/he will be at level 1, but with an amount of XP basing on your party level. This will give you the chance to customize his/her skills and weapon proficiences.

now thats bloody fancy... no more hp gimped clerics with dark skin <-<
    XKal
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Every time a new NPC joins your party, she/he will be at level 1,

Actually, they will be at the lowest level normally available.

Thels wrote: »
    Every time a new NPC joins your party, she/he will be at level 1,

Actually, they will be at the lowest level normally available.

and i bothered at lvl 1 to run around grabbing people i want....now i just farm myself up to a decent level and pick them all up neatly experienced..
    XKalillathid
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    BG1 has plenty of XP to level a full party of 6, but it's nice to be able to take your time in finding those NPCs, rather than to rush to prevent poor HP rolls and weird Rogue skill assignments.

That said, if you're looking to dualclass certain NPCs, be sure to find them in time, still! You'll gain all the levels at once, so you can't choose to only take some of the levels and then dual.
    XKal
    Thels wrote: »
    BG1 has plenty of XP to level a full party of 6, but it's nice to be able to take your time in finding those NPCs, rather than to rush to prevent poor HP rolls and weird Rogue skill assignments.

That said, if you're looking to dualclass certain NPCs, be sure to find them in time, still! You'll gain all the levels at once, so you can't choose to only take some of the levels and then dual.

well for Shar-teel i wanted the lowest Possible Fighter Level since even with 2 Level she is a better thief than most and easy to get.

i actually restared my Whole game , grinded up temple and basilisks and now asemble my team , with only 3 days done and 40k xp under my belt , instead of 40 days and a group with 20k~