Skip to content

Are the free 'The Familiar' character portraits going to be officially added to the BG series?

00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
Title explains the question. In the second issue of The Familiar they included 2 new portraits for BG for people to add.

Seems odd to go to the effort of making 2 new Portraits for The Familiar but then not adding them to the game. I understand it was a tutorial piece and perhaps they don't want to add them in game right away. But in a few months would be nice to have them included in a patch otherwise as time goes on I can see them fading into the void of Internets past. Seems a shame :). ... unless Beamdog dosnt have the rights to the pictures and that's the issue?

http://thefamiliar.beamdog.com/5.0/#!/article/105660/101038614?loadFresh=true&title=01_15_Picture Perfect

cqspkj5ai5hf.png2iqasvnabj5j.png

Comments

• AutocratAutocrat Member Posts: 68
    Same goes for the Road to 2.0 portraits we have unlocked.
  • NatregNatreg Member Posts: 100
    I agree with this, please add them to the game. I don't see any reason for not adding them.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Yes, please. They look gorgeous!
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    I'd be fine either way, since I already have them in my Baldur's Gate EE I+II/Icewind Dale EE portrait folders. :p

More importantly: I really hope that the next issues of The Familiar will have similar portraits with animals companions and/or familars as well. It would be a shame to see this "tradition" demolished before it even took root.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    @Amber_Scott Would it be possible for you to release these at IWD size?