Skip to content

Who's Your Favourite NPC? (Finals Edition!)

LockLock Member Posts: 84
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
The votes are in, and the following were the winners in each category. Now that they can stand next to each other (10 poll answers being the maximum), who's your favourite original NPC?
  1. Who's Your Favourite NPC? (Finals Edition!)337 votes
    1. Branwen
        2.08%
    2. Edwin
      12.46%
    3. Imoen
      10.98%
    4. Jaheira
        6.53%
    5. Kivan
        4.75%
    6. Minsc
      23.15%
    7. Viconia
      16.62%
    8. Xan
        5.93%
    9. Xzar
        7.72%
    10. *THOSE* were the winners? Pff.. show me the results.
        9.79%

Comments

• KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    Kivan is the one for me in BG1.
  • KarrieKarrie Member Posts: 8
    Strictly in BG1? Xzar. He brought some epic lulz into the adventure.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    Leaving out quite a few...
  • ego1steego1ste Member Posts: 88
    I choose Viconia, but im pretty sure it's because of BG2 romance. In BG1 i really liked Branwen if only she had romance option avalible or even apear in Bg2 at all... It's a real shame some of BG1 npc didn't continue yourney with us in next part of the saga.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Jan Jansen. By a mile. The only levelling thief in BG2, great banters, unique items. And he mocks Anomen ruthlessly, which makes him priceless in my book.
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    @Corvino Jan Jansen sadly is not part of BG1's NPCs, unless we'll get him in a future DLC (highly unlikely at that!).
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    I barely remember Viconia in BG1. But, yeah, she got my vote.

Minsc in a close second. But that should be obvious: everyone who didn't vote for Minsc first obviously has him in a close second place. By default.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @Koson I'm viewing from my phone, can't see poll options. The title doesn't mention BG1 or 2.

He still gets my vote anyway, the little fella's irreplaceable.
  • AurenRavidelAurenRavidel Member Posts: 139
    I consider Minsc to the be ultimate NPC in both versions. When you think Baldur's Gate, you think of Minsc. Everytime I meet a gamer who has played Baldur's Gate, we inevitably talk about the awesomeness of the addle-brained ranger.

Personally, though, Jaheira's my favorite because of her character progression. Viconia's good, too, but seemed kindof bland in BG1.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Somehow, I always get this strange pain behind the eyes when he's not in my party.
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    We're all doomed.
  • salierisalieri Member Posts: 245
    It was a toss-up for me between Edwin and Xan. Can't believe Quayle didn't make this list...
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    @salieri I think a lot of people didn't like Quayle because of his crap wisdom score.
    Anywho, Branwen because of her loyalty, her sexiness, and her odd but fool proof values. If Safana had made the list I would have voted for her, although I doubt that sultry lady would have stayed with the PC after killing Sarevok.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Surface-dwellers can be so stupid.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Yer all buffleheaded.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Viconia is in the lead ... that's cool with me, she was my second choice.

If Minsc wins I will probably gag myself with a spoon lol.
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    of course :)
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    Loving the fact that Jaheira only got 2%. Karma's a bitch. That's what you get for being a meanie to your husband all the time!
  • LockLock Member Posts: 84
    edited September 2012
    @Bhryaen I had to leave out quite a few characters as polls are limited to 10 options, and all of the options in this poll are the top three from the Good, Neutral and Evil polls - which collectively included every NPC from the first game.

Edit: And on a further note - none of winners had much competition, except for maybe Kivan who was only five votes ahead of fourth.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Quartz said:

The unthinkable seems to be occurring in the poll...

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Quartz Hope you like the taste of spoons, brah...
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    Xzar all the way!

Why all the Minsc votes? Must you be so insufferingly charitable?!?!
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Mortianna said:

Quartz said:

The unthinkable seems to be occurring in the poll...

If by "the unthinkable" you mean what I predicted would happen and I would be sad forevermore, then yes.
  • ChrisYuiChrisYui Member Posts: 94
    Branwen always made it with me to the end of the game. Great cleric that you can get very early. I really liked her special ability.
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    Fredjo said:

Imoen, being the most complicated character in BG series, I always have strong feelings towards her as if she was my sister IRL, maybe because I don't have one n_n

Couldn't have said it better myself. Was actually a tough choice but i had Minsc a very close 2nd.

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Jaheira is my close 2nd. Well, assuming we can't count Boo, who is #1 and then some. I don't understand the Jaheira hate, as most of the annoyance is caused by forcing druids to be TN and therefore reputation leads her to always be sullen.

I guess I like the tough kick-butted ness of Jaheira.
  • amiranthaamirantha Member Posts: 1
    Don't forget Boo